Hello family!
Sorry, I forgot to tell you last week that this week was temple Pday.
ごめん
︎
but do you want to know something cool? I haven't missed a
chance of going to the temple because last transfer, even though I was
in Niigata, the temple was being clean and no one went last transfer.
Lucky!! Haha it was fun going again. I love the temple! It was fun
seeing everyone from my MTC district. it is amazing to see how things
have changed in the year we have all been in Japan. Can you believe
that? One year in Japan!!! Crazy.
This week was pretty good. I really don't know where the time is
going! We visited and worked with Maria and Cris a lot this week.
Maria's new shop will be opening at the end of this week and she is
way excited. Cris came to church this week! It was a struggle getting
him there because he can't walk super well, so we got him a ride. He
really liked it. He is such a sweet man. I love him he is so sweet. I
really need to start taking more pictures so you can see all the
people I am talking about. Haha. Chyna is doing awesome too. I love
meeting and talking with her. She always teaches me so much. This week
was super busy again and I am getting so tired, but it is so worth it.
The first week I was here, we visitd a "mystery member." Aka no one
knew who she was. She is Chinese and her name is Jing. We met her the
first week I was here and she was way nice and it was a miracle that
she still lives here. Japanese is easiest for her to understand, so we
speak to her in Japanese. We tried visiting other times, but she
hasn't been home. Monday, we visited and she was home and we were able
to talk to her. She pulled out her albums with pictures of church
members from when she was active. She loves the American members
because they are so happy. She hasn't been to church in quite a long
time. She had lots of problems and sort of stopped going. We asked if
we could read the Book of Mormon together so she pulled out her
scriptures and asked if she has a favorite scripture, but she couldn't
find it. I shared with her one of my favorites which was 3 Nephi
14:7-11. It was the first one that came to my mind and I felt like it
Was something she needed to hear. Jing read it out loud in Chinese and
started to cry. She said she was かんどうした or moved by it. We talked
about how much God loved her and cared about her and her family, how
he has and a plan and wants to help her. We asked if she felt the
spirit and she said she did and that she hadn't felt it in probably 10
years. We had her say the closing prayer and afterwords she smiled and
told us she thought she was a bad person, but now she felt like god
hadn't thrown her away. It was such a great experience. It is a great
feeling to help people find the gospel again when it has been so long.
We look forward to meeting her again this week.
Sorry not much to talk about. I found out some more awesome news.
Takahashi Atsuko San in Sakado is starting to REALLY take the lessons
now. She is very hesitant because she is Buddist but she will
recognize how the gospel with bless her life. The work is going so
well in Japan! I have been hearing so many great things from my
previous areas and also things are doing so well in Tokyo 2nd. Gotta
love missionary work.
Also, thank you SO much for the pictures! I love them. They are so
great. It is so nice to have them. I show them to everyone! Haha it is
crazy that everyone is coming home from missions. Also, school is
starting soon! I can believe summer is already almost over for you
guys. The summer heat will be hear for a while, so I get to sweat it
out until October. Haha thank you so much for everyone. I love you
guys, you are all awesome. Have a safe week. Take care!
Love,
sister Ivory
 |
| At the Temple |
.jpeg) |
| Dinner WIth some members |
No comments:
Post a Comment