Hello,
This week was great. Ipson Shimai and I stayed very busy which was nice. We actually met with three potential investigators that became investigators which is exciting. It has been fun starting to work with people from the very beginning. There is a lady named suzi from Australia with a Japanese husband and three teenage boys. She practices buddism but is open to listening about religion. Then, there is this guy named tony. He is from Nigeria, is catholic, and doesn't really like organized religion but believes everyone needs god in their lives, especially Japanese people. Lastly, we met with a lady named coral with blue hair. She is from Croatia and has a band. Her mom is Jewish and her dad is atheist. She is really curious about what the Mormons believe and asks us tons of questions. It is great!
Those are three of our new investigators all coming from a different background, but all having a desire to learn. It is amazing. I kind of feel like I am learning more than they are. It is amazing how there are so many different types of people in the world, all with a different background, but the gospel has something to offer to everyone despite their backgrounds. I am glad I am given the opportunity to be apart of their experience of finding the truth.
Maria opened her shop this week. Unfortunately it is a standing bar. So, it is going to be much harder to teach her, but we will try. She was so thankful for our help. The day she opened, she asked us to say a prayer for her. We prayed with her and after the prayer. She asks us, "can you feel that? I have chills!" It was such a great opportunity to teach her about the Holy Ghost. She now knows that peaceful feeling the Holy Ghost brings. I am so glad we are able to help her know that feeling
Cris is having a hard time in Japan after. His stroke, so he is heading to the phillipines on Saturday (a day before his baptism date). We don't want to push him to get baptized before he leaves, so we are sending him to the missionaries in the phillipines. It will be better for him there. He is such a sweet man.
This was a great week and we are seeing so many great things happening. Ward members are slowly returning home from their summer vacations, so it will be fun to have them apart of all these great experiences. They play a HUGE part in the work. I am so surprised that this transfer is already coming to an end. Time flies when you are having fun, right. Transfer calls are next week. We will see what happens. Haha
I am glad Amanda came over. She talked to be about thinking about going on a mission. I was so excited when she told be that she decided to go. She hasn't told a lot of people yet. I am so excited for her. She is going to love it and she is going to be an awesome missionary. Sara told me she was expecting a couple of weeks ago too. I am so excited for her. She is going to be a great mom. I am excited to know what she is having. I am glad I will be there when she has her baby.
This week was great. Ipson Shimai and I stayed very busy which was nice. We actually met with three potential investigators that became investigators which is exciting. It has been fun starting to work with people from the very beginning. There is a lady named suzi from Australia with a Japanese husband and three teenage boys. She practices buddism but is open to listening about religion. Then, there is this guy named tony. He is from Nigeria, is catholic, and doesn't really like organized religion but believes everyone needs god in their lives, especially Japanese people. Lastly, we met with a lady named coral with blue hair. She is from Croatia and has a band. Her mom is Jewish and her dad is atheist. She is really curious about what the Mormons believe and asks us tons of questions. It is great!
Those are three of our new investigators all coming from a different background, but all having a desire to learn. It is amazing. I kind of feel like I am learning more than they are. It is amazing how there are so many different types of people in the world, all with a different background, but the gospel has something to offer to everyone despite their backgrounds. I am glad I am given the opportunity to be apart of their experience of finding the truth.
Maria opened her shop this week. Unfortunately it is a standing bar. So, it is going to be much harder to teach her, but we will try. She was so thankful for our help. The day she opened, she asked us to say a prayer for her. We prayed with her and after the prayer. She asks us, "can you feel that? I have chills!" It was such a great opportunity to teach her about the Holy Ghost. She now knows that peaceful feeling the Holy Ghost brings. I am so glad we are able to help her know that feeling
Cris is having a hard time in Japan after. His stroke, so he is heading to the phillipines on Saturday (a day before his baptism date). We don't want to push him to get baptized before he leaves, so we are sending him to the missionaries in the phillipines. It will be better for him there. He is such a sweet man.
This was a great week and we are seeing so many great things happening. Ward members are slowly returning home from their summer vacations, so it will be fun to have them apart of all these great experiences. They play a HUGE part in the work. I am so surprised that this transfer is already coming to an end. Time flies when you are having fun, right. Transfer calls are next week. We will see what happens. Haha
I am glad Amanda came over. She talked to be about thinking about going on a mission. I was so excited when she told be that she decided to go. She hasn't told a lot of people yet. I am so excited for her. She is going to love it and she is going to be an awesome missionary. Sara told me she was expecting a couple of weeks ago too. I am so excited for her. She is going to be a great mom. I am excited to know what she is having. I am glad I will be there when she has her baby.
Crazy that everyone will be home. I look forward to seeing them and how they have changed. Missions really do help people. I feel like I have grown and changed a lot. I am thankful for that too.
So, for the Japanese class. We actually still teach English. We go to Japanese classes to learn and it is a good way to find people that speak English. Haha
Sister Ivory
Question: Have you thought about what your plans are when you get home? School, work or all of the above? And when?
Answer: I have thought about it a little. It kind of stresses me out thinking about it. Haha I will probably come home and work first. I don't really want to start school right when I get home. I want to make sure I know what I want to study before I go back to school. But we will see what happens.
I am excited to come back to Japan with you guys. I have been thinking about Takasaki a lot lately and I want to take you guys there. It will be way fun. You will love Japan.
Well, I am glad you guys had a great week and everyone is happy and heathy. Time is flying fast and we will all be together sooner than we think. Haha have a great week and stay safe. Love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment