Sunday, August 3, 2014

Busy But Fun!

Hello!

This week flew by SO FAST! It is crazy! I met some more recent
converts we are working with. Yohei, he is Japanese but has lived in
New York, was baptized after Chyna. He saw the changes in her life, so
he started to take the lessons and was baptized. We are now working
with both of them and helping them attended the temple and preparing
them for callings and other church responsibilities. It has been way
fun. I also meet Christina this week. She is from New York as well.
She was baptized over a year ago just after she moved to Japan. She
doesn't really like it here. It is really hard to adapt and people
stare at her she says. We have a lot of fun talking to her and she
always asks such great gospel questions. The recent converts are doing
really well and it is fun to be apart of helping them learn even more
about the church.The cool thing is that they are all kind of helping
each other. It is so cool. It is so great to be apart of this ward.

I have meet so many people of different religions. It is a crazy
experience talking with everyone about our beliefs. We have been
meeting with a Jehovah witness and a seventh day Adventist. From
talking with them, you learn a lot and your faith and beliefs are
tested. Sometimes I questions myself and think about the things they
say, it is kind of hard. But, every time I read from the Book of
Mormon and pray, I am comforted knowing that what we are teaching
really IS the truth. You know, I still have a pretty young testimony,
but it continues to grow every day. I just remember to "doubt my
doubts before I doubt my faith." Continually searching my scriptures
helps me strengthen my knowledge for when people try and tell me that
I am wrong.     Anyway, it is just a cool learning experience.

We also helped Maria, a phillipino investigator, clean a new shop she
is opening. She has been so stressed out about opening her new shop
and was so happy to have us help. The elders were also able to help
and they found so potential investigators from it. She has been so
busy and stressed with the new shop as well as her daughter that has
been very sick. The other night, we were able to finally sit down with
her and actually talk. We were able to share the story of Helaman and
his army of stripling warriors and how he relied on The Lord to
protect his warriors. She found so much strength from that story and
was able to recognize that through gods help, she can be successful.
It is fun helping investigators apply stories from the Book of Mormon.

Today we had zone Pday at a yoyogi park. It was way fun. We played
ultimate frisbee. I really enjoy zone Pday because I get to know more
missionaries. I was also able to see Ruplinger Shimai. She is in the
other English ward. Today, imalso found out some VERY exciting news.
IRITA IS GETTING BAPTIZED!! She will be baptized this coming Sunday.
It is to bad that I can't go see it because it is so far away, but I
will be able to skype in and watch it and see her.  I am so happy!! On
the train this morning, we also met a really nice lady from pappa
guini (probably spelt wrong). She was way nice. We plan on contacting
her again. She just barely moved from Niigata 2 weeks ago like me.
Haha!

Well, that was kind of all that happened. This week we have interviews
and zone meeting, so that will keep us busy, I will let you know how
things go. I am glad you all enjoyed your time at lamb days. Continue
to enjoy your summer and everyone please travel safely. I will try and
stay safe on my bike while you do that. Haha!

Before I close, I will quickly answer some questions.
1)       How is riding your bike in the big city?
-intense and it takes some patience. People don't move out of the way.
It really isn't to bad though. The streets are what kill me though. So
last night, we had a huge rain storm all of a sudden and we got caught
in the middle of it. We were biking in big puddles up hill. It was
intense. The thunder was crazy! Anyway...

2)      Did you travel alone when you were transferred back to Tokyo?
-I traveled with about 6 missionaries by bus, then it was me and
another sister, sister Nash, by train to our area. She is still new to
the mission so it was kind of cool finding the way. We made it! Haha

3)      How is hearing church in English again?
-it is kind of nice understanding everything that is going on in
church. It is a little weird too. The members are great. I am also
able to comment more during classes. Yesterday, the Sunday school
teacher wasn't there, so we ended up having to teach. Well, actually
Ipson Shimai did, but I still helped with comments and stuff.
Anyway.... Thanks for the emails. Please have a safe week. Love you!

Love,

Sister Ivory!
ZONE PDAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment