Sunday, June 1, 2014

Miracle Sunday

Alright, first off, thank you for all the emails. I wasn't receiving
them, but now I have them. Haha it sounds like everyone is so busy!
That is so good though. You are going to have an awesome summer.
December is going to come fast. Haha I can't believe I have been out
for a year. Only 6 months left and I have a ton of work to do.

This week was awesome, so this email might be a little long.

Are you ready to hear some church miracles?! Yesterday was a beautiful
sunny day for investigators to come to church. Before church while we
were waiting for Irita, we saw a lady we meet earlier in the week,
mami, walking down the street towards the church. We were so excited
to see her, we actually met mami a couple of weeks ago and talked to
her. She had meet the missionaries many years ago. Then, this passed
week the elders met her, then right after meeting the elders, she saw
us again. Each time she met the missionaries, she was invited to
church. So, she decided to come. She has been to Catholic Church
before and likes to learn about God. We were not expecting to see her
there. It was a great miracle.

Then, while we were waiting for sacrament to start, we heard a lot of
people walk in. We turn around and some kids, Eikaiwa students, and
there mom walks in. We have been inviting them to church ever since
they have been coming to Eikaiwa and finally they came! They were
walking by the church just after watching a short parade on a near by
street. The elders saw them and invited them in. The mom was excited
to see what church was about. It was so nice to have the mom, the
daughter, and the son be apart of sacrament.

Along with the family, Irita walked in! The last time we talked to
her. We were not expecting to see her at church, but she came anyway!
It was such a miracle to see her there. She enjoyed it like she always
does. She also always says that she can't remember church things, but
she always gives perfect answers in Sunday school.

Akane also came this week and she had a good time. She really liked
what we learned in class today and her desire to learn more is
growing. It was such a blessing to see so many people at church today.
After much prayer and fasting, we are seeing the Lord's hand in this
great work.

The elders also at two investigators. One is an Eikaiwa student and
one they met on the street. They weren't expecting him to come, but
they showed up. It was so awesome to have a total of 8 people at
church. The members were so surprised. And so were we!!

This week was such a fun week and we saw so many crazy things happen.
This week we were trying to find and visit a former investigator, but
couldn't find her house. So, while we were in the area, we housed a
danchi that was near by. While housing, we ran into a man that we see
on the streets ALL the time. His name is Yamazaki San. He is such a
sweet man and was so happy to see us. He thought it was cool that we
so happened to find him by chance. We weren't able to stay long
because he is a man, but he is totally fine with the elders coming by
to visit. I just know that Heavenly Father is preparing Yamazaki San
whether he is going to accept the gospel now or later.

I have one more miracle I want to share. We have a Russian
investigator named Victoria we meet with each week to teach her
Japanese children English (She doesn't really know English either),
then share a message with them. Well this week, we met at a different
time than usual. Just after our lesson and before we were getting
ready to go, her husband returned home, this was the first time that
brown Shimai and I had met him. We started talking and he said he knew
a little bit about the Mormon church. So, he came in the room and sat
down to talk for a little before we had to go. Many years ago he went
to Eikaiwa in Yokohama. He knows a little bit about the church. It was
nice to talk to him for a little bit. Then, as we were leaving he was
surprised we were going so soon. It was just so great because he
seemed so comfortable with talking to us. I am so glad we were able to
meet him.

This was a great week full of miracles and we even talked to a lot of
other great people on the street. My birthday was great. During smile
Dendou that day, we talked to SO many people. During that time we
talked to a man named Roland and he is from Texas. He will be here for
a couple of months. He knows a lot about the church but is catholic.
One thing he really likes that the church does is family search, so we
gave him the family search website. He was way cool.

Anyway, this email is all over the place now. I am so glad that Parker
is going on a mission. That is so exciting. I am sorry to hear about
aunt Joyce. I am glad you were able to go and be apart of that. So...
Sorry I didn't respond to everything that is going on. But it sounds
like things are going well.

Time for Questions:
Are you getting pretty good with chopsticks? Yes! I'm 上手Double exclamation mark︎ haha jk but
we use them every day except when we eat curry or soup... Haha spoons
are mor handy with that kind of stuff.
Do you like using them? I do like using them until I get to the last
bit. Then it gets a little tough...
This is random. We were having a discussion and wondered if you
remember the family password? (in case somebody is trying to pick you
up from school that you don't know)
Yes, I think I do remember the password. Is it "Be careful, don't get hurt."?

Thank you so much for getting the airheads. She is going to love it.
Her birthday is June 19th. Oh, by the way. Transfers were today. Brown
Shimai and I will be staying in nagaoka. It is going to be a great
transfer. The Lord is really working with the people in nagaoka and
the branch is being blessed. I am so thankful to be apart of the work
here in nagaoka and the Tokyo mission. I look forward to seeing many
great blessing in the nagaoka area.

Everyone please have a great week. I love you and pray for you.

Sister Ivory
アイボリー姉妹




No comments:

Post a Comment