Sunday, June 29, 2014

Facebook!

Hello everyone! Hope you had an awesome week! So first off, if you
haven't already noticed, I have started using Facebook. Facebook is a
good tool for missionaries to stay in contact with investigators, find
new people to teach, and share the gospel more easily. However, as a
missionary I cannot be in contact with people from home. So if you
need to message me, please do so through my myldsmail account. You CAN
continue to tag, like and comment on anything I post or that I am
tagged in though. I just cannot follow what is going on at home. I am
really looking forward to using Facebook as a tool to share the
gospel. We are already seeing great things coming from it.

This week. We talked to a lot of way nice people. Unfortunately they
didn't have a whole lot of interest. But, all we can do is keep
trying. We met with a former investigator and her son this week.
Before, she had a baptismal date, but her family is against religion.
She loves and respects her family, so she stopped meeting with the
missionaries. Meeting with her went really well. She asked a lot of
good questions about our families and also things we do at church. Her
husband is hardly ever home because of work, so she asked about our
family and how often our dads were home. I think it was good for her
to hear about Mormon families. It was a good experience meeting with
her and we hope to meet with her again soon. I am so thankful for the
family I was raised in and that we were able to spend so much time
together.

We have also been getting to know members and Eikaiwa students more.
It has been so much fun. This weekend, we spent some time with Ulala
(yes, it is a funny name. It is actually Urara, but sometimes the "r"
in Japanese sounds like a "L" so we just call her ulala) she is way
cool. We had okonomiyaki with her. She is moving to a place called
Yokohama soon, but she wanted to do something with us before she left.
She asked a lot of questions about what we do as missionaries. It was
way nice talking to her and sharing with her why we are in Japan. She
didn't know much about our purpose as missionaries,but now she does.
She says that when she moves, she wants to go to the closest Eikaiwa.
I really think The Lord is slowly preparing ulala to receive the
gospel. She already loves the missionaries, now she just need the
desire to learn.

This week we also visited Irita. We have been visiting her many times
in the past but she has not been home and she doesn't answer her
phone. Well, Saturday when we visited her, she was home and we were
able to meet with her and share a message about God, our Heavenly
Father. We shared the Mormon message Earthly father Heavenly Father
and she really liked that. She Started to cry and I can tell that she
knows that Heavenly Father loves her so much. We invited her to come
to church and told her to come if the weather is good. Lately, it has
been getting rainy. Well, yesterday morning before church, it was
raining way hard. Brown Shimai and I went to the church early with our
rain gear on before it started to rain harder. On our way there,
waiting at a stop light, we see Irita making her way to the church! In
the rain! Oh my goodness, she is amazing. It was so nice to see her at
church again. I just wish there was more we could do to help her.

Anyways, that is kind of a summary of what has been happening. Nothing
too exciting. People aren't progressing like we would want them too,
but they will get to that point one day. Maybe they aren't ready now.
This is the last week of this transfer. It went by way fast. I can't
believe tomorrow is going to be July already! I can't explain how fast
the time is going by. it is all slipping through my fingers!

Thank you for sharing with me what Danielle talked about. She is so
right. A mission really does change your life. It is crazy that when
we leave on a mission, it is to serve other people, but in reality, it
really changes your life the most. I have seen so many blessings in my
life as a missionary. They haven't been coming in the way like I
thought they would, but they are coming in a way that is blessing me
the most. Heavenly Father knows best, right? Haha

It sounds like summer still been going well. Karina has almost
survived the craziness. Haha being busy and doing what she is doing is
the best way to make the most of her life being in high school.

So, how has moving been for larissa. Did you get everything done? Mom,
dad, that is way fun the you went to the air show. Thanks for the
pics. I just love to hear about what is going on. Well... Sorry this
is a little all over the place, but I'd better get going. Have an
awesome week. Love ya!

Sister Ivory

Friends we made on the street this week.‏


No comments:

Post a Comment