Thank you for the pictures. It was weird to see the countdown. Haha I feel like it shouldn't be that full! Ha Also, that is the first time I have seen uncle chestons headstone. It is way cool. I kind of wanted to cry when I saw it. I'm a baby. I am glad the conference went great. It sounded way fun! I am glad everyone is having a good summer. It sounds like Karina is doing great, she really is growing up. It is weird because I still picture in junior high, but now she is going to be a senior!! That is exciting that Riss and mike will be moving soon. That will be a good house for them. It sounds like things are going well for them in price. It is way exciting to hear that Courtney will be internship ing or whatever in mesquite. How long of a commute will it be? Thank you for the update on the community too. Haha I love to hear where everyone is going. They are all going to be amazing missionaries. Alright, time to answer you questions: Have you experienced using a bidet while in Japan? That is the toilet that sprays you in the bottom.No... I haven't yet. I am too chicken to try it. Haha! We actually have one in our apartment. It has a heated seat too! I will try it before I come home though. Haha I have heard some funny stories about some people and their experiences in public restrooms in Japan. Have you had any strange experiences? I haven't had any strange experiences, but there is the squat er that I don't really enjoy using. It is just a whole in the ground.... I have gotten good at them though! Anyway.... Time to talk about this week. This week we had a funny adventure. So, we took about a 45 min bike ride to a place called Sekihara to visit a less active, a former investigator, and then do some finding out in that area. We got kekkoed (rejected or not interest) by almost everyone we talked to. It was about 5:00 when we returned to out bikes to head back. Well I unlock my bike and then I turn around and find brown Shimai dig through her bag. . . . She couldn't find her bike lock key.
![]()
we called the elders to have them look to see if she dropped it at the church, but they couldn't find it. We tried picking the lock with a bobby pin, but couldn't get it to open. So.... We ended up moving our bikes to a near by park, parked them there, and made our way home.... Haha! It took us an hour or so. We reached a bus stop and ended up taking the bus to the Eki. Then from the Eki we took another bus to our apartment. We got back about 8:30. Luckily brown Shimai had a spare. So Then the next morning we took a 9:45 bus to the Eki. And since we couldn't read or figure out the other bus schedule, we walked clear back to Sekihara to get our bikes. We made it back to the Eki by 12 for lunch. It was quite the adventure. On the walk, there war no on pe that wanted to talk to us. So we didn't see any amazing miracles from it, but it was a good experience. Surprising, neither of us were angry or frustrated either. The whole time we made a joke about the experience. It was funny. So, June is the rainy season. On top of that it is super hot... So the weather is HUMID! That makes things interesting. This week, biking to visit someone, I sweated more than I have ever sweated in my life. It was nasty. It was SO hot. This week will be more rainy, so we will how things go. So Sunday, we had no investigators at church. Kind of a change from last week, but we did have a less active we have been working with. Her and her little girl came and she is super cute! The elders had two investigators and they also had less actives as well. So I call that a great Sunday. Also, Yamazaki San, the guy I told you about last week. He came to the very end of church. It was so great to see him there. After church we had a big lunch with the branch because it was branch conference. He really enjoy staying for that and meeting the members. Well, that is a summary of my week. Thank you for everything and I love you all. Have a great week! Stay safe. Sister Ivory
Sunday, June 8, 2014
A New Transfer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No... I haven't yet. I am too chicken to try it. Haha! We actually
have one in our apartment. It has a heated seat too! I will try it
before I come home though. Haha
I have heard some funny stories about some people and their
experiences in public restrooms in Japan. Have you had any strange
experiences?
I haven't had any strange experiences, but there is the squat er that
I don't really enjoy using. It is just a whole in the ground.... I
have gotten good at them though! Anyway.... Time to talk about this
week.
This week we had a funny adventure. So, we took about a 45 min bike
ride to a place called Sekihara to visit a less active, a former
investigator, and then do some finding out in that area. We got
kekkoed (rejected or not interest) by almost everyone we talked to. It
was about 5:00 when we returned to out bikes to head back. Well I
unlock my bike and then I turn around and find brown Shimai dig
through her bag. . . . She couldn't find her bike lock key.
we
called the elders to have them look to see if she dropped it at the
church, but they couldn't find it. We tried picking the lock with a
bobby pin, but couldn't get it to open. So.... We ended up moving our
bikes to a near by park, parked them there, and made our way home....
Haha! It took us an hour or so. We reached a bus stop and ended up
taking the bus to the Eki. Then from the Eki we took another bus to
our apartment. We got back about 8:30. Luckily brown Shimai had a
spare. So Then the next morning we took a 9:45 bus to the Eki. And
since we couldn't read or figure out the other bus schedule, we walked
clear back to Sekihara to get our bikes. We made it back to the Eki by
12 for lunch. It was quite the adventure. On the walk, there war no on
pe that wanted to talk to us. So we didn't see any amazing miracles
from it, but it was a good experience. Surprising, neither of us were
angry or frustrated either. The whole time we made a joke about the
experience. It was funny.
So, June is the rainy season. On top of that it is super hot... So the
weather is HUMID! That makes things interesting. This week, biking to
visit someone, I sweated more than I have ever sweated in my life. It
was nasty. It was SO hot. This week will be more rainy, so we will how
things go.
So Sunday, we had no investigators at church. Kind of a change from
last week, but we did have a less active we have been working with.
Her and her little girl came and she is super cute! The elders had two
investigators and they also had less actives as well. So I call that a
great Sunday. Also, Yamazaki San, the guy I told you about last week.
He came to the very end of church. It was so great to see him there.
After church we had a big lunch with the branch because it was branch
conference. He really enjoy staying for that and meeting the members.
Well, that is a summary of my week. Thank you for everything and I
love you all. Have a great week! Stay safe.
Sister Ivory

No comments:
Post a Comment