Sunday, June 22, 2014

Conferences

皆さんこんにちはDouble exclamation mark︎元気?
This week was pretty busy for Brown Shimai and I and it went by way fast. Where has the time gone? We had exchanges, a lot of conferences, and other scheduled lessons, so that was kind of nice. For exchanges, I went to Sanjo and met some way nice members there. Thursday, We celebrated brown Shimai's birthday as a district at a less actives restaurant. It was a way good day on her birthday because we even found some new kids Eikaiwa students. 
Zone conference was way good. We talked a lot about sharing our message to people with a non Christian background. It really helped us understand what we can focus our studies on when we are preparing for lessons. One thing I liked that some one shared was that God is unchanging. Everything we teach and share with the Japanese is the same we share with everyone else. They are just missing that Christian belief that helps them understand more. I feel so bad for the Japanese people. It is like things have been made so much harder for them. President budge also introduced us to some new pamphlets that are coming out. So, that will be way cool. One is about god and the other one is about missionaries. 
Another thing we talked about at Zone Conferencet was diligence. It helped me recognize some things I can work on as a missionary. Not going to lie... Missionary work is hard, even as a member missionary. But, it comes to the point where you forget your fears and what makes it hard, and you just do it. God is on our side.
To end our week we had a District Conference. Saturday was way cool because takatsuna kyoudai, a less active from nagaoka that has just recently returned back, spoke during the conference. He shared his reactivation story which involved the missionary, brother smart, who taught and baptized him. The brother smart called him and was able to help him return to church. President budge surprised takatsuna kyoudai by having brother Smart from America broadcasted on Skype. It was a way cool experience. Takatsuna Kyoudai is a way cool man. He is much older, but now very active in the church. With that, we have been focusing on reactivity less actives. The ward has been talking a lot about less active members they know and they are really starting to get involved. It is exciting. From the Elder Cook conference, one thing they focused on was that missionaries are ward and branch builders, not just baptizers. It gives a whole new perspective of missionary work looking at it that way.
Sunday, there were a lot of changes made to the Niigata district.  A new district presidency and they also just turned it into only two branches in the district. This is where it gets weird. Sado and Niigata area are now the Niigata branch with two "groups." Nagaoka, Joetsu, and Sanjo area and now the nagaoka branch. Church will be held in the separate areas by the different group leaders. It is way different cool but it was set up this way so there were less big district callings given and the members can focus on helping the missionaries. I am excited to see the outcome of the changes. It will be way cool. 
Well, it was nice to make it through the week. We are now getting ready for another one. This Friday, we are finally getting Facebook. Haha I think we are the last in the mission to get it... Haha I am excited to try it out. 
Alright mom, I have a question for you. Did your mom hug you a lot and say I love you to you a lot? Because Japanese people aren't very lovey like that and so I was wondering how it was with grandma. Anyway... Also, I just found out my release date. It will be December 19, 2014. Crazy! It will be here before we know it because June is already almost over. Haha 
It sounds like you had a good week. That is fun. Continue to enjoy your summer! Now I will hurry and answer your questions:
Did you have to travel far? We traveled on trains a lot this week. It is a 1.5 hour train ride to Niigata. We made the trip there and back twice.... Haha it wasn't too bad though.
More questions:
About how many people come out to church in the Branch that you are in on an average Sunday? Not including missionaries, there are about 18 members. With missionaries, there are about 24. With investigators and missionaries, we can get to about 28 or so. It varies.. Haha
How far is your apartment from the church? Our apartment is about 10-15 minute bike ride depending on how fast we go. It isn't too bad.
How is the humidity? Rough.... It is so hot. But you get used to it. It is starting to feel like how it felt when I first got to Japan.
Well, I'd better get going. Thank you for everything. Have a good week. Love you!!
With some nagaoka branch members. Takatsuna kyoudai is the one with
the light colored suit.


No comments:

Post a Comment