Ah!!! That is so cool that you have all that stuff about mom now. If you can, please send me some more. I love it! I am glad you are able to read about mom more. Thank you for the pictures! It seems like the busyness is slowing down a little. That is good. Are you getting ready for lamb days now? Haha
This week was pretty good. A lot of time in the rain, but it was worth it. We spent a lot for finding through the week because everyone has been so busy. This transfer, we have had the goal to get 12 people to church on the 6th. We didn't have any for sure yes s, so we tried to find some. This weekend was where it went really well. Saturday, there was a baptism for a member in the Joetsu group. It was held in nagaoka. It was so good. I has to play the piano last minute until the real accompanist showed up. Haha. It was a great baptism. Honestly, it is my first convert baptism I have seen on my mission. It is an amazing thing to see the Japanese people accept this gospel.
Sunday, was crazy anxiously waiting to see who was going to show up to church. We didn't reach our goal, but we did have a bunch of new people come. Jasmin, from Mexico that elder Cottle met on Facebook, melody from the phillipines, then Irita showed up. The elders had a lot of less actives they were working with a long with some investigators. It was a great experience. Nagaoka is really starting to take off. It is so exciting.
However, today was transfer calls, and I am transferring out of nagaoka. I am going to the Tokyo 2nd English ward. I am speaking English!! My new companion is ipson Shimai. We have been out for the same time. I am having mixed emotions. I am really sad to be leaving nagaoka, I though I would for sure be here one more transfer. Also, I didn't ever think I would be in an English speaking area. But, I know it will be an amazing learning experience. I am way excited. Brown Shimai will stay here and be with Clark Shimai. Clark Shimai opened the sisters here in august. She will be going home soon, so now she is coming back to end her mission here. That will be exciting.
Well, with that said, I better get going. We have a lot to do today, and I have to pack. We have a lot of things planned with investigators this week, because they all want to say good bye. It will be a good day.
Everyone have a great week and stay safe. Love you!
Love sister Ivory
No comments:
Post a Comment