Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tokyo

So how is your first week in your new area? That is neat that there are at least 2 English Wards in Japan.
The new area is way awesome. We have already been so busy lately. There are people that we meet with often throughout the week. This week has been so crazy with transfers and quite the adventure. Also, the city is MUCH different than other areas I have been too. It will take some time getting used to. 

 Are the members in that ward from the U.S. or from all over? 
I don't know where all of the member are from. I know that a lot are from Utah. At least the ones I talked to on Sunday. It was so weird seeing gaijin (foreigners). It was kind of a culture shock. Haha jk. It will take some getting used to to speak less Japanese.
Are there some Japanese members there?
There are some Japanese members. There English is amazing. It is mainly because they have married someone from America.
Is your apartment right in Tokyo? 
Here is my address:
Tokyo-to oota-ku kamiikendai 1-47-2 Cesar-nagahara #203 
We are like in a town in Tokyo called nagahara. But I'm still not sure how things work in the city, I will figure it our though.
Where is your companion from?
Ipson Shimai is from salt lake area
 How long has she been out? 
My new companion is Ipson Shimai. We came to Japan at the same time. It will be fun working with her.

Alright. So I hope that answered all of your questions. Sorry, this is going to be a crappy email. I don't have a whole lot of time today. Transfers we an adventure. I traveled from 7:26 Thursday morning and arrived in my area around 4:15ish. I am so glad I figured out the trains. I won't go into detail though. Since I have gotten here, we have been busy visiting a lot of people. They have a lot of investigators and also recent converts we are working with. It has been fun getting to know them. They are people from all over the place. Phillipines, Uganda, Nepal, India, America. It is way neat to meet so many people. One recent convert I met is Chyna. She is way sweet. She used to be a wwe wrestler. Pretty famous I guess. But things went really bad in her career. So she left an came to Japan. After a year in Japan, she met the missionaries on the street and cpgave them her number. A couple of months later, the sister contacted, met her, and taught her. She made so many changes in her life, now she is scared to miss a week of church. I would love to go into more detail about her but I have no time. 
There are also so,e phillipino ladies we have been working with. They are so nice and they make us feel apart of the family. I look forward to meeting them more. We are visiting them tonight. We are also meeting with. Mio a girl from Uganda today, she is way cool. We do taiso in the morning with her at the park. Google taiso. If it isn't there, I will explain later. Well, I better go. Sorry so short and all over the place.
I am glad you enjoyed talking to brother smart. He was way nice and has a way nice fam. That is way cool that Parker went to the temple to! Thanks for the pics! When does he leave again? Also, the garden looks awesome. I am actually excited to have a garden when I am older now. Mom, you would be surprised. I have been eating so many vegetables lately. You would be so proud. 
Wel! Have a great week!! I love you!
Love 
Sister Ivoyr
This is our friend sangita. She actually just moved back to Bangladesh
yesterday. This was the third time she has met Ipson shimai and the
first time meeting me. She such a happier person. I am glad I was able
to meet her even for just a brief moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment