Monday, May 26, 2014

Elder Cook Conference

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a great week. I received the package!! Thank you so
much! I already opened it too.... Haha the. Popcorn was DELICIOUS! I
forgot how much imiss popcorn. Haha everything in the package was just
what I needed. ありがとうございますDouble exclamation mark︎ you are the best!

This weekend we had a lot of fun taking a trip to Tokyo (1.5 hr train
ride along with a 5hr bus ride took the same route there and back).
The journey actually wasn't too bad. It was a good opportunity to get
to know the sisters a little more. The bus was fun. We sat in the back
with a cool "chandelier". Saturday night, we attended the temple.
Before the session. We had some time to Dendou, so brown Shimai and I
went to a near by park. While we were walking around there, we ended
up talking to some nice ladies with their little girls. They were from
Kuwait. The little girls were SO cute and super funny. Actually, the
whole time we talked to them, it was to the little girl. She asked us
the funniest questions like, "what is your moms name?", "where does
your sister live?", "what is that scare on your face?"( referring to
brown Shimai's zit). She was so cute. Talking to the other ladies were
nice it was cool to hear where they were from and why rhey are in
Japan. Right after talking to them, we headed to the temple ate dinner
there, then went to the session. This time.... It was in JAPANESE! Of
course we had translation, but still. It was pretty cool hearing it in
both Japanese and English. Sometimes there were parts that I would
understand in Japanese, but I am still glad I had it in English. After
that, we stayed the night at Honbu.

Saturday's conference was way good. There was Elder and sister
whiting, elder and sister Maynes (both from the seventy), and elder
and sister cook of the twelve of apostles. I learned so much from this
conference. It taught me so much that I can improve in as a missionary
and for my future. I have a lot of work to do. Haha one thing that
Elder Cook said that I loved was ya the told us to focus on teaching
about families. He said that this is a country with no Christian
belief, so it is hard to just begin teaching about Christ, god, and
why there are so many churches. Then he started talking about how the
Japanese have a rich family history and their Buddist beliefs focus on
the family. I am so thankful for the family history I have and for
grandmas decision to move to marry grandpa, move to America, and join
the church. Her decisions have made a big role in my life. I look
forward to sharing at with more people now as we focus on the
importance of families.

The rest of this week was ok. We weren't able to get in contact with a
lot of our investigators. Irita didn't come to church this week
either, but we continue to pray for her. Next week is transfers. Not
sure what will be happening. A very high chance that we will both be
staying, but we will find out. I will let you know.

Well, I better get going. Hope you had a great weekend with the end of
school and everything. Have an awesome summer!!!

Love,
Sister Ivory
アイボリー姉妹




No comments:

Post a Comment