Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Slow Week

Not a whole lot really happened this week. We did a lot of finding and
visiting potential investigators in our old areabook. Not much luck
there, but we will keep trying. We had a lesson with an older lady
(Sato obaachan) this week. Her son is a member and lives in Ohio. He
wants us to teach his mom. She is pretty old. She doesn't seem to have
a whole lot of interest, but she listens and asks questions. We showed
her pictures of our family and she really liked that. I think one
thing that touched her was that we are all members of the church.
While we were talking to her, she said it is very hard for older
people to change. I think if she learned about this at a much younger
age, she would be more accepting. It reminded me of what mom told me
about President King's wife and her family. Some people might not be
ready to accept it in this life, but I know I am helping them prepare
to accept it in the next life. I am kind of thinking that with Irita
San too. She is so old and it is hard for her to remember, but I know
that she remember it one day and be thankful that we were there to
help her along the way. By the way, Irita came to church yesterday
again. It is so fun to see her there. She likes to come because she
feels apart of something. We are excited to see her again next Sunday.

This weekend we will be going to the temple and Elder Cook conference.
I am way excited to learn so much from them both. Plus, I just
absolutely love the temple. I am lucky that I haven't missed a
transfer of going to the temple. It will be a great weekend full of
receiving revelation for the nagaoka area and also what I can do
better as a missionary.

Well, sorry this email is so short. Not a whole lot happened this
week. Thank you for all of you love and support. Please have a good
and safe week. Have fun ending school and getting for the summer!!
Love you!!!

Sister Ivory
アイボリー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment