Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fiesta!

Sounds like you had a busy week! That is fun that you got to feed all the missionaries. That is a lot though. Ha way to play hard karina. That is great that carbon beat north sanpete! Keep that energy clear to the end. How was conference? We are watching it this weekend. I am so excited!!! 

The typhoon wasn't that bad. We just got tons of rain. It is basically all dried up now and the weather is great. It was fun though, we were inside for most of it. We were busy with transfers and everything this week and ended the week with a bang. On Friday the ward threw a Mexican fiesta and we had a great turnout! I was so surprise how big of an event was. Tokyo 2nd ward is famous for it's parties. They had a mariachi band and great food! Members invited a lot of their none member friends too.  It was great. Found a lot of potentials. Also, our potential investigator named Aiko (she is Japanese) was able to come and we got to talk to her about church stuff. She has been really studying about the church and wants to learn more. We talked to her some more, gave her a Book of Mormon (both Japanese and English). I am really excited for her. It was a great event. We were able to meet more members, new members, and even non members. Tokyo 2nd ward is awesome. 

So I have a few answers for you.
1) So how is your new companion?  Where is she from?  How long has she been out?  

She is great. Really nice. She is from Hawaii. We came to Japan at the same time and we go home at the same time too. Haha so I might not be ending my mission here. 

2) What is your study schedule like?  Do you do language study?  Have you been trying to keep up on the Japanese?  

Study schedule is the same as usual. Personal study, companion study, and language study. So yes, we still have language study. My Japanese feels like it has gone downhill a little bit. But it's weird, I feel like I have more confidence to talk to people in Japanese now because now I am afraid of the gaijin.... Haha jk. Sometimes we go to Japanese sacrament meeting to try and keep up on the Japanese.

3)  I have just been curious about what the computer keyboard looks like in Japan.  How do you type the Japanese characters?  

The keyboards look the same. If you type the word in romaji (roman letter, aka the English letters) you options come up for the hiragana or kanji. Romaji: Aiko, Hiragana: あいこ, kanji: 愛子. I don't know if that makes any sense, but yeah....  I bet on your iPhone you can get the Japanese options. But on the iPhone, there are two types. There is one with the English alphabet and there is one with the hirgana alphabet. 

It has been a great week. ready for another one. Thank you for all the updates. Also, thanks for sending the wedding picture. Did you see the post? Haha lastly, thanks for sending a package. I will be on the look out. Have a great week and enjoy! Love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment