First things first. I have figured out why i have not been receiving any letters...:( they have been sending them to the wrong apartment. There used to be sisters and elders in takasaki. Then the sister left and there were only elders. and then we came and took the elders apartment. So, all the letters that are send to honbu, were forwarded to the old sisters apartment which is the wrong apartment.... Frustrating right? that's OK though, there is bound to be a reason for it. So if you receive any letters back, that might be why. It would be nice if you tried to send it again. :) i would love to hear from you.
Alright, time for the god stuff. This week i actually spent VERY little time in Takasaki. I had exchanges, a blitz, and we went to honbu. so it was fun. From those experiences, i realized how awkward missionary work really is.... ha ha
For exchanges i spent my time in Oizumi which has only a very small branch... in Portuguese. So i spent that day listening to Portuguese and eating Brazilian food. That was way fun and the people there are so nice. It was way cool being in an area where people are speaking so many different languages (Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and English) CRAZY!
Another day, Halversen Shimai had meetings at honbu, so i spent the day in an area near by called Urawa. This time I was there with Mass Shimai (from my MTC district) and Staples Shimai (a 1st transfer from my MTC Zone) so we are pretty young in the mission, but it was way fun. I learned a lot!! I learned how awkward missionary work really is.... haha.First, I spent half the day with staples shimai while moss shimai was with a member visiting investigators. we studied and spent the time streeting. We did a few laps around a near by park stop nice women that would listen to us. Since we only know gospel terms in Japanese that is all that we said.... haha! here are somethings that happened
So getting them to stop was on thing... then we just stand there trying to think of what to say to make conversation. all we know is "how are you" and "good weather isn't it?" after a long pause it would go like this. "god loves you. he is our father in heaven. we are his children." they stand there looking at us funny then we continue by saying "we are missionary's and we teach about families. Do you go to church? How many people in your family?" We get a reply of, "I'm bukyo (buddist)." then they run away. Yeah. It is pretty fun. sometime they say other things and we just nod because we don't know what they said. So, streeting can be pretty fun when you don't know Japanese.
You probably didn't need that much detail, but there you go. Later that day, I spent some time with a member that just returned from the Temple square mission. She helped me gain more confidence in people. I still make a fool of my self when it comes to speaking Japanese but she helped it make it feel more natural. It was a good day and I talking to people randomly is getting easier. I am learning to accept the awkwardness of it.
The relief society broadcast was great I haven't seen it all in English yet but I really liked Thomas S Monson's talk. Way Good! The Bai family is doing great. we visit weekly for dinner. They are not members, but they enjoy having the missionaries over. This week, we introduced them to primary songs and they absolutely loved that because it teaches their kids to do such good things. It helped me realize how thankful i am for being raised in the church. I also realized how much you can learn from those simple primary songs. You should listen to them. They are fun.
Alright, so does anyone remember Mr.Flores from Junior High. Well I have been serving with his niece. Stubbs shimai is a siter that has been in my district for 2 transfers. This week we were doing a blitz in her area and we started talking and remembered i was from Price. She said her uncle lived there and it is Mr.Flores. COOL HUH! Small world right? He was a super fun teacher. She is from Australia and this is her last transfer.
The food is still delicious. I have found my weakness. The bread here is DELICIOUS!! I love Japanese pan (pronounced pawn). SO GOOD!!
Quick shout out to Kelsey Walton. My mom said you talked so I want to say hello. Haha! Have fun at SUU! Also, Congrats to Kaeden and Kenzie on the wedding!! I want to see some pictures. :P haha!
Sorry... probably no pictures this week. I write to much and ran out of time today. Everyone, have a good week and know that i pray for you. Please stay safe!!
Ivory Shimai
No comments:
Post a Comment