Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Good Week

This has been a very good week.  We have really been staying busy.  We had a lot of lessons, Zone Conference, exchanges, and attended General Conference, so it has been great.  I learned so much from it all!
 
If no one noticed, General Conference had a good focus on Member Missionary work. So I have a question, do you know the missionaries in your ward? If not, then you should get to know them.  THEY NEED YOUR HELP! Talking about church can be scary and maybe uncomfortable, but it doesn't have to be.  There is a song that the church has been playing alot lately.  Hymn #270 "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go".  Have you listened to the lyrics to it? I recommend you read them.  You don't need to be on a full time mission to be a missionary.  Every member is a missionary and can share the gospel by simple serving others and being an example. I really enjoyed Pres. Uctdorf's talk when he mentioned that everyone has a role in the church.  So, Invite people to "Come, and join with us." We need the member's help.  So I have a challenge.  By the end of November try inviting at least ONE person that is not a member to some kind of activity (Halloween party, mutual, other ward activities, FHE, or just dinner) It will make a difference in the Hastening of the work if you reach out to just one person. It is really that easy. :)
 
 
Alright... sorry about that rant. This week was great we met with a lot of potential investigators and introduced them to the gospel.  One day, we went to Mister Donuts with one teenage girl and talked about the gospel.  We also talked about some members that she could be friends with.  After mentioning some of the members, the bishop's daughter walked in with her nonmember friends.  We called her over and she introduced herself and just talked about some common interests and a little about the church.  Before she left, she invited her to church on Sunday.  That was an amazing experience for us and a member even helped her feel welcome.
 
This week i also ate some pretty crazy things.  First we had Yakiniku (google it) It was DELICIOUS!! but that same night, I tried Pig intestine.  I don't recommend it to anyone.  Pretty nasty.  I also had my very first REAL LEGIT Sushi.  I took Bro. Kings advice and just ate it.... haha it actually wasn't to bad.  I just can't believe I ate raw fish.... haha! 
 
Well everyone, Thank you for all your love.  I pray for everyone often.  Please have a great and safe week! LOVE YOU! 愛しています 
 
アイボリー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment