OK, Let me just say, I love that there are so many of my friends on missions. The past couple of weeks, I have received e-mails from Sharlee, Derek, and Carson; and I hear from Kaleb through weekly letters as well. They are doing so good, having great success, and are such great examples to me. It is so great to hear from them. I just can't believe they have already been out for so long. And then here I am on my first transfer. LOVE IT! haha
This week went really well. Went on more exchanges, but I learn so much from them so it's OK. Also, I think Halversen Shimai and I found all the hills in Takasaki. We have had some adventures on our bikes while finding where some less-actives live. All I've got to say is that I am going to have some pretty tough legs when I come home. haha!! I videoed us riding down a hill. I will try and send it. It was pretty awesome.
So on Saturday, we met with a lot of different people. And guess what... none of them are Nihonjin. First we met with a potential investigator from Paupa Newgunia who speaks English, then we met someone at the Eki from the UK (her 3 year old son had the CUTEST accent), After talking with her, we ran into Diane (our french friend) and her friend from Louisiana. The last person we met with later that night was Li from Korea. It has been way fun meeting with people from all around the world.
Alright, So let me tell you about Li. Li love God and Jesus Christ. We proclaims he has had a vision and now he knows they are really there. After this vision, Li went around in the eki shouting and telling people that God is really there. He got in trouble for doing that, so now he walks around in the eki wearing a white pancho with religious words written on it (i don't know what it says... it is in japanese) wearing a big red cross. The Elders that were here before us met him while they were housing. When Li first saw the missionaries, he responded with a nice big "hallelujah!" It is true... he did that the first time we met him to. So on Saturday, we had Miwako with us and met with him for the second time and introduced the Book of Mormon to him a little more. He got really excited and enjoys hearing about the gospel. He is the first person we have taught that has been really excited to listen. Others we teach just enjoy the fact that we are American. haha We hope to work with Li some more and invite him to church. Maybe we can get him to stop walking around in the eki too.... haha :) We had some great experiences this week and we hope to see people progressing some more.
Alright, time to answer some questions. Lately we have eaten at alot of members and investigators houses so that is where I have tried a lot of different food. I haven't bought shoes yet. When my others wear out, i will but some new ones. I am working on taking more pictures. I have been slacking a bite, but I did a little better this week. I am starting to video a little more so you can see. When I get a good video of Takasaki, I will send it to you.
So... I have some more requests... haha. Thank you for working on getting those pictures for me. Can you also email me that one story that you sent me when I was still in Cedar. People have been asking me a lot about grandma and I don't remember a lot of things.... haha. Also, If you sen a package in the next couple of months, i have some other requests... :P sorry... here are some things i need/want
- eye drops (my eyes have been giving my problems and the eye drops might help)
- tooth paste (they say the tooth paste here isn't the best stuff for your teeth... i want healthy teeth when I come home... haha)
- lotion (i don't know how to read kanji to know what says lotion on the bottle...)
- Face wash (same... i can't read kanji)
Thank yo so much!! Sorry if it is a hassle. I don't need it right away... haha
So next e-mail... Feel free to ask all the questions you need! :) I like to answer them.
Continue to let me know how things are going with everyone and have a good week! I love you all. 愛してます!ごんばってね!
アイボリー姉妹
No comments:
Post a Comment