HELLO!!
This has been a pretty busy week. We ate at a lot of people's houses, had exchanges, and met a lot of great potential investigators. I will a day by day account this time...
Monday, August 19
We had a lunch scheduled with the Seki's from the ward and I had my first taste of Japanese Sushi. Guess What!? I actually liked it. I ate crab! :) haha It was fun talking with them and getting to know them. Afterwards, we went shopping and found a lot of fun stores. I bought a dress for 600円 (equivalent to $6.00) I was pretty excited. Then later that night, we had FHE with the Suzuki Family and ate some good food there. We had Somen. I will let you google that one. I have also started to like eggplant and I really like the Japanese Pears (we had that for dessert). At FHE, Ingird came and we talked to her more about the church. It was so fun getting to know the family more and they also taught us how to cook some Japanese food.
Tuesday, August 20
We had exchanges and this time I was the area Senpai (incharge of takasaki). Hunsaker Shimai and I had some fun adeventure and met some really nice people. We also met a scary Turkish man that invited us for tea and turkish ice cream. Yeah... after that, we found out where not to go streeting. haha! He did help us hand out fliers though... we wanted to be a missionary too i guess. A little weird...
Wednesday, August 21
I taught my first Eikaiwa by myself. It wasn't to bad. It was pretty fun and I am looking forward to teaching it again. The people that come are so fun and we speak English the whole time so I can understand them for the most part. haha
Thursday, August 22
We had exchanges again. This time I was in Kumagaya with Ono Shimai (a nihonjin). It was hard to communicate with her but we had fun. It helped me realize how much japanese I do know and encouraged me to speak more japanese so I can learn more. It was good for me.
Friday, August 23
after we ended exchanges, we witnessed many miracles. Earlier in the week while we were doing Mitsuke taikai (handing our eikaiwa fliers) we met a french lady named Diane and her japanese husband that just moved to takasaki. She doesn't know a lot of japanese, but they both speak English. Well on Friday, we ran into her a gain at the Takasaki Eki (station) and talked to her some more. We offered to help her move some stuff into her new apartment. It was fun seeing her again. She is super nice. We also had dinner at the Bai Family's. They are a Chinese family we have been meeting with and super fun. WE usually have a simple FHE with them. The kids are so fun. We are going to Casco with them later today.
Saturday, August 24
We attended another Natsu Matsuri in Maebashi (another area) with an investigator. Natsu Matsuris are always fun. We also had Somen on a Nagashi. I don't know how to explain it. It translates to "flowing noodles" I will have to send a picture... Afterwards we met with Miwako Shimai and her friends, had a second lunch with them, and shared a simple message. They were so fun to talk to and are so genki. Karina, they thought you were a lot older than you are. It was funny. Then after that, Halversen Shimai, Miwako Shimai, and I went and did some more Mitsuke taikai at the takasaki Eki. We met a lot of people, and I actually talked to some one all by myself! It was an interesting conversation though. Our conversation was in broken English and japanese and the lady was drunk... but it was fun and we met with her again yesterday (Sunday).
Sunday, August 25
Well... I just can't believe it is the 25th.... haha we had a good day at church. Then we met with Diane again and helped her move things into her apartment and she made us a french dessert. She is way fun to talk to. To end our day, we Met with Tomoko, the drunk lady I met on Saturday. We gave her a tour of the church and talked to her about the history of the church and stuff. It was fun and I am glad she came.
All together we had a pretty successful week. I guess I don't always need to tell you everything, but it is hard to choose what to share!! haha also, I wanted to share with you some things I have learned About Japan.
1. The roads are VERY small here and they drive really fast on them too... SCARY
2. They drive on the other side of the road like in England
3. There are TONS of bugs (Lots and lots of spiders, killer bees, semis [large, loud, annoying beetles], and more spiders) I am getting used to it.
4. Not everyone sits on the floor to eat and I am glad.... It is kind of hard to kneel for a long time.
5.The food is really good. I haven't had much fish yet though... so i am a bite nervous. umeboshi (pickled plums) are pretty nasty too. They also drink something called Mugicha (wheat barley tea) that has taken some getting used to.
Well that is how things are going here in Japan. I got a package from Kasumi as well. She is so sweet! I am going to email her thank you when I am done emailing.
Thank you for all of your love and emails. I love hearing from you. I hope everyone enjoys their bust schedules and makes the most of your experience. Love you all and I will talk to you next week. :)
愛
アイボリ姉妹
| Miwako 姉妹 |
| FHE with the Suzuki and Ingrid |
| Lunch with the Seki Family. |
| The Country Side |
| Preparing for the Rain. I found them in the Apartment i haven't bought any yet. |
| On a Battery Car some one made. |
| The Flow thing: you pick up the Noodle with the Chopsticks and Eat it. |
| More Country Side |
| Dessert with Diane |
No comments:
Post a Comment