It is pretty crazy to see how much you can get done in a week. This week I got a bike, atteneded my first Zone and District meetings, had exchanges, and learned about other realigions. see... thats alot. haha
It is nice to finally have a bike. WE are bale to get to places faster and it isn't as hot when we are on bikes. Not going to lie... it is pretty hard riding in a skirt, but i am getting PRO at it. :P It was way fun attending Zone and District meetins and meeting everyone in the ZONE. I love how happy and energetic everyone is. We all ate lunch together and got to know each other even more. It was way fun. For exchanges, it is fun to go to new areas and see how others are doing as well. It is nice to experience so many different things.
Alright... now time for some cool stories. One day, we were planning to meet with Horiguchi san to read the Book of Mormon together along with Miwako (a member we have become really close with) Well after waiting for some time at the church, he never showed up. BUT, Miwako's canadian friend (we met her at the Natsu Matsuri and talked to her for a bit. she is not a member) called and wanted to go to lunch. So we decided that would be perfect and we could talk to her more about the church. I guess Heavenly Father wanted us to teach Ingrid instead of Horiguchi san. So we went to lunch and got to know each other really well and answered some questions she had. She has met with the Missionaries for about 2 years but is never really interested in joining. It was fun teaching her and we hope to meet with her soon. She slowly seems to be leanrning more and more each time we talk and she enjoyes talking with us. SO that is good. :) But then... the next day horiguchi san called us and wanted to try and meet again to read together. I guess he wasn't feeling well. that is why he didn't show up. the moral of this story is. Heavenly father had planned for us to meet with ingrid and horiguchi in his timing. So be patient and the lord with help in his will and time.
Now for the next adventures. Saturday was a pretty crazy day for us. All i can say is that we got a taste of many different religions. For lunch, we met with a potentional Investigator and she took us on a picnic to a big Buddah Statue. Not going to lie... the Buddah looked pretty cool.... from the outside.... from the distance. When we got closer and closer it kind of creeped me out. IT WAS HUGE!! haha We ended up going inside and that was even more wierd. The cool part about it though was that we saw a really good view from the top. I sent you a picture. :) She showed us how they payed tribute to them and everything. Later, we went to this way cool cave with other buddah statues. It was pretty neat because they were carved into the rock. I wish I had pictures, but my camera died. Along the way, we taught her simple things about the gospel and told her why we didn't believe in that stuff. And then.... later that day, we had an appointment to meet with a nice older woman. She was curious why our church was different than others and stuff. Well.... little did we know that she was a Jehovah Witness and her plan was to convert us. The lesson didn't go so well and seemed to turn into kind of a bible bash. I didn't really know for sure what was going..... it was all in Japanese and I am still learning. But, Halversen Shimai did really well... HAHA! That lady kind of scared me. We were there for a lot longer than we planned. Finally i told the lady in my broken japanese that we had to go, I bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon, and we left. Yeah... so that was a little different experience for me. Afterwards, halversen shimai and i stopped and bought some ice cream on our way home to make us feel better. :)
So there is one family i want to tell you about. We call them the Bai Family and they are from china. The have known so many missionaries for about 6 years. they really likes the missionaries because we are american. haha Pretty Awesome huh! Well they aren't to interested in the church, but maybe we can change that. They invite us over for dinner every week and it is so fun to talk to them and get to know them. Hopefully we can make a difference in their lives.
Well... those are some of my adventures. Today we are having lunch with some members and oing SHOPPING! then later tonight we are having Family Home Evening with the ward. It is going to be a great day and i am looking forward to another fun week.
oh yeah.... japanese is still hard and i really wish i could understand what people were saying. I would be able to help them so much more if i could communicate with them. But i guess it just come with time. and for the chopsticks... i am becoming pretty PRO. I get better nad better each time i use them. I really enjoy using them now actually. ;P
It is so good to hear that everyone is doing well. I got e-mails from sharlee and one from carson this week. they are doing really well. It is good to hear that everyone had a great summer and getting ready for school. I hope Karina gets better. Tell her to EAT SOME FOOD!!! Food is what gives her the energy to play and be good. Plus... she is too skinny. She needs to get some skin on her bones. If she eats, she will have more energy throughout the day and not feel so tired either. I have found that out for myself. Please be safe and enjoy the first month of school.
THank for letting me kow how everything is going. I love to hear from you. Just remember I love you and Pray for you always. You are all a great blessing for a me and such great examples. don't you forget that. anyway... i've got to go. byebye :D
Ivory Shimai.
| Waiting for the bus at the airport |
| Our Church Building in Takasaki |
| Lunch with Ingrid & Miwako |
| The BIG Buddah |
| The View from the Big Buddah (that is Takaski) |
| Our Lunch we had Sunday it is Yakisoba :D My Favorite |
No comments:
Post a Comment