Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Temple P-day

皆さんこんにちは!元気ですか?今週は良かったです。とても楽しかった。たくさん奇跡を見ました。So sorry about emails
last week, I was having a hard time getting them to send, and I didn't
have time to figure out what the problem was. But, today I will make
it work. We just got back from the temple and it was AWESOME! I love
the temple. We even went to しゃぶしゃぶ食べ放題 ( all you can eat shabushabu).
It is Chen 長老's (our Zone leader) last week before he goes home. All
together it has been a great week. I just can't believe it is already
almost the end of the transfer.

This week, we had a great district meeting. I always love learning a
lot from them. We talked about working with the ward more and helping
them feel more about of the work. On Sunday, we received a referral
from a member, and Saturday, we met with her. It was a great
experience for all of us! Takishita 姉妹 was on exchanges with other
sisters in the zone, so Owens 姉妹 was with me and Ruplinger姉妹. It was
good for me because that was my first time leading the whole lesson.
Of the three of us, I have been out the longest. It was really
stressful, but I think it went really good. Itou 姉妹 and
Shiraishiさん、the member and investigator, were very patient and helpful
with our Japanese. It was a great learning experience. We look forward
to meeting her again next Saturday. Itou姉妹 and Shiraishiさん have been
friends for a really long time and it meant a lot that Itou 姉妹 put so
much trust in us to teach her. After the lesson, Itou 姉妹 had brought
lunch, so we all at 手巻き寿司(Temaki Sushi) together. 私は手巻き寿司が大好き。I like
it because I can choose what I put on it. Sushi 美味しかったですよ!Referrals are
so great because they already have a friend in the church.

Also while on exchanges, (it was a two day exchange Friday and
saturday), Friday, we talked to SO many people. It was awesome. Haha.
A lot of people actually stopped and talked to us. They were all so
nice. No one had complete interested in the church, but at least we
were able to put a nice image of the church in their minds. It was a
fun experience. Everyone was patient with our Japanese and all the old
people in japan are just SO CUTE! Haha.

We had a lot of fun this week and it has gone by way fast. On Sunday,
the elders in the ward, were going to have a baptism, but it was
pushed back because he didn't feel quite ready yet. He will be getting
baptized in the future though. But on Sunday, Ruplinger 姉妹 and I had a
miracle. We were walking from Looking for a potential investigators
house. We were trying to follow the map on our iPad, but it was hard
to see, so we got a little lost and ended up finding a different way.
While we were walking through a neighborhood, we saw a nice lady
shoveling snow on to the road for it to melt. We said hello, and she
asked us where we were from. She really liked that Ruplinger 姉妹 was
from Germany. We talked for a little and said the we were church
volunteers, then asked if she needed help shoveling snow. She said no,
but instead invited us in. Haha At first it was really awkward because
I didn't completely understand why she invited us in. She teaches
Ikebana during the week. Ikebana is something with flower
arrangements. She showed us some of her things then told us about
herself. Then, after finding out what we do as missionaries, she asked
us to teach her some. That surprised us a bit but we were more willing
to teach. She is Buddist and doesn't know a lot about Jesus Christ so
we talked about Jesus Christ. She was really patient with our
Japanese and was willing to understand. After a while, her Ikebana
student arrived, so we had to leave. It was a great experience and
totally unexpected. Those are the things I love about missionary work.
The random things that happen while walking on the street.

So that was my week. Temple Pday was way fun. I enjoyed talking to
people from my MTC district. I didn't get to see halve risen 姉妹
though. Maybe next time. Smiling face with smiling eyes

This whole transfer has been stressful with training and everything,
but I have learned so much from it. Everyday I wake up nervous for how
things are going to work out, then by the end if the day I feel like
things went well which is nice. Just taking it all one day at a time.

Before I go, I want to tell you something cool that I haven't told you
yet. In Sakado ward, there is an area seventy. He is super nice. I
actually talked to him on Sunday. His name is Ooishi 長老.

Well, I better get going. Have a good week and good luck with
basketball. Again, sorry about emails last week, but I got it figured
out now, I hope. LOVE YOU!

Love
Ivory Shimai
アイボリー姉妹

  • Bad video of us walking through Shibuya‏

Eating on Temple Pday

At the Temple

E-mailing 

walking to church

walking to church

walking to church

No comments:

Post a Comment