Sunday, February 9, 2014

SNOW!!!

It snowed!! A lot! It has been a fun week and pretty cold, but you
learn to make the most of it. We received our iPads this week. It is
taking some time to getting used to though. We don't have internet in
our apartment anymore some we have to go to the church to do a lot of
stuff, but that is ok.

This week, we had a fun lesson with a lady from Brazil that sister
Ruplinger and I found. She is super nice. Her interest in the church
is small, but it will grow over time. We are still in the finding
process which is hard... I feel like I am not doing my part here in
Sakado, but we keep trying. Since we whitewashed, we didn't have an
areabook on the computer, and the old one is outdated and people have
moved. BUT yesterday, now that we have the iPads, the elders were able
to send us some former investigators that have great potential we plan
on contacting them soon.

The young women's activity was way fun. We were able to get to know
the YW in the ward. We made pizza and they asked us to share a message
about the salt of the earth. It was hard in Japanese, but I learned a
lot. There is a talk in the June 2013 new era about salt of the earth.
You should look it up. It is way good. I will try and send a pic.

Alright, more about the snow. It first snowed on Tuesday when we went
to the conference to receive the iPads. That day wasn't to bad because
we were inside for most of it. Then, on Saturday, it snowed ALL DAY!
It was crazy. I haven't seen snow in a while. Let me just tell you
that when it snows in japan, it is COLD! Haha. We tried shoveling
sidewalks, but the snow just kept coming, so we stopped. The trains
weren't moving, so we were stuck at the Eki for quite some time. It
was fun talking to people about the snow though. It wasn't a super
productive day, but we had some good experiences talking to people.

Sunday, church started later, so it allowed members more time to get
to church. A lot of the ward didn't show up, but there was still a
pretty good amount of people showed up. sister Ruplinger and I
dendoued in the morning. We ended up riding the train back and forth
talking to people. We discovered that we can see Fuji San ( Mt.Fuji)
from the train if you ride far enough. That was cool. Before church,
everyone helped shovel the parking lot. When we were done, we tried to
help the neighboring houses, they didn't want our help. It is so hard
when you want to serve so many people, but they don't like the help.
Even if it is just shoveling snow. One day they will accept it. One
day....

Well, that is basically my week. Next week we don't have to much
planned. But I am sure the schedule will feel up nicely as we go. Haha
I am determined to find some new investigators this week. 頑張りましょう!

Alright. To answer some questions. It is way fun having four in an
apartment. It isn't so lonely. We talk about the best two years all
the time too. I love that movie!

That is cool that garret got his mission call! Russia! I will have to
email him or something. It is going to be cold! Haha.

That is also cool that nicki kings family is starting to take the
lessons. That will help there family so much. I will pray for them.

Dad, that is fun that you taught about 救いの計画 (The Plan of Salvation).
We had a great lesson on that in relief society on Sunday as well. We
are so blessed for the knowledge we have about the purpose of our
lives and knowing that we are able to return to our Heavenly Father
again.

Well, I better get going. It has been hard typing on an iPad, but I
think I am getting faster. Haha I pray for you daily. Have a great
week and stay warm. ( on my iPad I can see the weather in price....😛)
Love you!

愛していますよ!気を付けて下さい!

アイボリー姉妹

PS
thank you for the pictures!


Sent from my iPad. Black left arrow️cool huh!

Shoveling Show
Walking in the snow. 
All our snow!
Young Women Activity 

No comments:

Post a Comment