Thank you for the Pictures! It is so good to see everyone. It was also exciting to hear how things are going for Sarah Jane and Megan. Megan's Baby is going to end up being born on my bday :P haha jk
Thank you for the letter mom. It really helped me recognize my potential. All I can do is keep moving forward and trying my best. I also received Larissa's letter. It is so fun to hear from everyone. Thank you for the mail! I love mail. :) I even got a letter from Suzuki Shimai from Takasaki. She is so awesome. I love her.
This week has been full of different meetings. We had Zone meeting and a Zone Blitz here in Sakado. It was fun. Then on Thursday, we had a conference and Elder Whiting came and spoke to us. It was a great day and I learned a lot. Sister Ruplinger was sick for the first couple days of the week, so we were in the apartment a little more than usual. It gave me time to look at the map of the area though. So that was nice. On Friday, I went on exchanges with Takishita Shimai. It was good to see how a Nihhonjin dendous. haha We had a lot of fun and she taught me a lot.
This week we also went to J-Kaiwa. It is Japanese class held at the city hall or community center. It is a good way to meet Gaijin (foreigners) and also learn Japanese. It has helped a lot. We also kind of teach the teachers a little about the church and what we do as missionaries. It has been fun
So one cool miracle/experience we had this week. On the train one day, I saw some people speaking to each other in Japanese Sign Language (shuwa). I thought it was cool. So, when one of the ladies saw me, I signed to her, "Konnichiwa". The very little shuwa I know. She was pretty impressed. haha We ended up getting off the train at the same stop and she tried talking to us for a bit and I think she asked us where we are from. It was kind of a short lived experience, but I am glad it put a smile on her face. I should have sang "As I have loved you" in Shuwa to her. I know that song. haha!
This week we also met a really nice lady from Brazil. We might get to meet her again this week. She was super nice. We have been really good at finding the people that speak English ;P
The Japanese seems to be coming easier though. I find myself saying something in Japanese before I say it in English, but it is still the really simple stuff.
The weather hasn't been to bad in Sakado, Just windy and that is what makes it cold. Today has been pretty nice. We went to an aquarium for Zone Pday. It was way fun. There were some shows outside and it was fun watching them.
As for working with YSAs, they do have a lot of activities scheduled and we have been getting to know them. We probably won't go to al of the activities depending on if we have an investigator with us. It kind of depends on the Activity. This week, Sister Ruplinger and I were asked to go to the YW activity they are having this week. I am pretty excited for that.
There are a lot of colleges near by about 3 that I can think of right off the top of my head. One of them is an all girls college, so we might be working around there a lot. :)
I am looking forward to this week. Tomorrow we are getting our ipads, so we will see how those work. Sister Ruplinger and I will probably be doing a lot of finding too. 頑張ります I will let you know how it goes.
Please have a fun week and stay safe. Love you!
愛しています!
アイボリー姉妹
ps for the pictures. just some from the last time we took family pictures.
pps. With ipads, it might be hard to send pictures. I have been trying to send some today, but it isn't working. So until I find a way to send them, it might be a while until you receive pictures in an email. Sorry.... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment