Saturday, June 29, 2013

Welcome to the Work!

Well this has been a pretty good week except for the fact that I have been sick.  I got a cold about Monday.  Missionary work is very tiring, but being sick sure does make you even more tired.  But all is well.  Medicine works magic. I did receive your package last Saturday Mom.  Thank you SO much! especially for the chips. haha Last Saturday was a pretty good day because we were able to go to the temple.  We ended up doing initiatories.  That was the first time i had done it except for my own and Nawo's. It was way cool and i learned so much.
Alright... So what did you think of the broadcast? Pretty awesome Huh!! It was a way cool experience being apart of something so BIG!  The apostles were RIGHT THERE!! When they walked in at the beginning, there was such an AMAZING SPIRT that they brought with them.  It was a feeling that just kept reassuring me that they are called of God.  I was in the choir, but in the video you can't really see me.  I was on the second to last row in the back closest to the elders.  I will send a pic... haha  But, the others sisters that were in the soprano section made it on the screen way cool!! :)  they were also sitting next to Whitney roper so she was on there too.  At the Broadcast I was also able to see Elder Dickey.  He is at the West campus so I won't be able to see him much anymore.  He got a pic thought.  (I didn't have my camera)   
So I want to share something with everyone that happened before the broadcast.  As we were waiting outside the Marriott center, everyone started to sing hymns just to past the time away.  It was way cool.  Soon, the elders started letting just the sisters go in to take our seats. They also formed a littler tunnel/path for us to walk through. As we were walking through, the elders were singing "Armies of Helamen."  It was way cool and all planned by the few elders that were there.  Being apart of this work is such a great experience.  We are REALLY apart of something BIG now.  The Lord is truly hastening his work.  This is the Lord's Latter Day Army of Helamen with about 70,274 missionaries and growing. "can you see how the Lord is accomplishing his work?"  Now he has OFFICIALLY called his members to serve.  Welcome to the mission field everyone!! you are going to LOVE IT!! I know I do. :)
Another cool experience we had as a district this week was with Gregory Sensai.  He asked us to help him with his non-member roommatem, Gerlin.  He has attened church with him and likes what the gospel brings.  Gerlin has been baptised into another church, but Gregory Sensei doesn't know how to explan to him that that baptism "wasn't complete." So Gregory Sensei asked us what would be the best thing to do.  We all gave him what we thought and told him we would pray for Gerlin to feel the spirit. he was very excited to have this help.  That night, he actually had the missionaries over to teach Gerlin, and he said it went SO WELL!! He thanked us for praying for him and told us that he started reading the book of mormon and praying!!! How awesome is that!!  One thing that Gregory sensei did was used the 12 missionaries he sees everyday to his advantage.  And that is what the members need to do.  Become friends with the missionaries and use them to your advantage. miracles WILL happen.  Gregory Sensei updates us on how is Gerlin is doing everyday.  He said if he does get baptised while we are still here, we might be able to attend.... I hope we do!! :)
On tuesday was another great devotional with Janice Kapp Perry.  She is such the CUTEST lady ever.  her husband is adorable too.  she shared with us her experience serving with her husband as mission presidents.  They were just so cute together.  There was a time in her talk where he came up, grabed her face and kissed her.  SO FUNNY!! The marriott center full of missionaries where cheering.  It was pretty yosh!  We sang alot of children hymns and enjoyed being a little kid again.  The lost song we sang was the EFY Medley, but with the new version of As Sisters in Zion.  It was so good! and obviosly everyone started to cry.  If you haven't heard the song yet, I recommend you look it up and listen to it. :)
This past week has been the mission president training, so we haven't been able to eat in the cafetiria and we ate in the gym instead.  Not my favorite thing... the food isn't that good in. haha BUT one day we had something similar to CAFE RIO!!! Best day ever.  So delicious!!  When we finally got the cafeteria back, it was a happy day.  We didn't think we would miss the cafeteria that much... but we did. haha!  On thursdays are our service days and we help clean the buildings.  This week, Haderlie shimai and i were lucky enough to clean bathrooms. YAY!!..... not really it was gross.  But it was a great picture moment. haha  Let me just say this again... i love my sensitachi (teachers).  They are the best.  OUr other sensei is Tingey sensei.  She is the sweetest and so patient.  I have been getting really frustrated with the language and it isn't coming as quickly as i would like it too.  I can understand what people are saying a little better, but i can't say anything back! yeah... that is really hard.  especially during lessons!! ARGH.... but, our senseitachi always reassure us that we have only been here for 3 weeks.  So true!! but, i just wish it would come a little faster.... i don't have the patience to wait. haha.  Last night we had a nihongin sensei (japanese sensei) that was quiet the experience.  it was hard to understand him... haha good thing he spoke english to us most of the time.
Thank you for the letters again everyone!! I will write back as soon as I can.  just remember I love you all!! 
That is cool to hear kenny received his call! he is going to love it.  About marking my clothers... I just know whichones are mine.  Haderlie shimai and i don't have anything that is the same.  Not even our garments! lucky right?  so we wash our garments together and remember what sizes we have.  Abou tthe broadcast, it was WAY lame that they didn't video the sisters a lot but thats ok. I am over it now.  I was sitting with Moss Shimai (we did temp splits) because we were the only altos in our district.  If we were 2 more rows down, we would have made it on the screen for sure AND in a pic... but we didn't.  Haderlie shimai and I are doing MUCH better.  I think i just wasn't used to the campanion 24/7 thing.  All is well now.  How was attending the Brigham City temple?  I lvoe the temple and am looking forward to attending this afternoon.  It is good to hear that everyone is doing well.  I will try and write a lot of letters today and send them out.  Also, Before I forget, some people in my district have blogs that there families update as well if you would like to follow them.  They will have pictures and other stories that i probably won't tell you. haha They just share the story better than me.  Here is one of them : sisterjuliasnow.blogspot.com.  Rissa, put that on my blog where i have the list of other blogs. THANKS! :)
 Family, I want to thank you for all the mail you send me i love hearing from you.  I have such a great support system


my doryo and I playing sand volleyball!

the district heading back from "the field"

my doryo and I with our first "investigator"

 Pic with japanese missionaries before they leave

Can you see me? 2nd row from the top 3rd from the left in the pink.

 the 3 sisters on the bottom left

messages from our senseitachi. they love us.  there is one sensei that subs us sometimes and likes us better than his class... haha

 Aiko kanji (love child)

Laundry Time!! Just barely took that one like 2 mins ago. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment