Saturday, June 22, 2013

Spiritual experiences throughout the week

Let me just say that the days are SOOOO long, but the weeks seem to go by SO fast.  Time in the MTC is weird....!!  On Sunday Haderlie Shimai and I had to teach the first District meeting lesson.  And guess what..... IT WENT SO WELL!!  It was about Faith in Christ.  During our lesson we shared parts of Pres. Hollands talk "Lord I Believe" and also showed a Mormon Message called "Pure and Simple Faith"  Our district leader asked us last Sunday to teach it,and I was not excited.  But, as we were planning, I knew there was a purpose for us teaching it.  I think I learned the most from that Lesson and the spirit was there.  We had a member of our branch presidency in there and it was great to have him there and share so many great comments.  Also, every Sunday, we kind of have a "movie night."  This Sunday we ended up watching "The Testament" in JAPANESE!! It was pretty awesome.  I didn't understand a single word they said, BUT I still cried like I always do during that movie.  It was YOSH! ( yosh is like the japanese word for awesome I think. haha)
 
This week hasn't been very eventful.  We did get some japanese hymn books!!! That was pretty exciting.  We have been waiting for them to arrive at the bookstore FOREVER.  now we have some!!! :) it is pretty fun singing in japanese.  We have also had some fun bonding time as a district playing volleyball.  We play every so often as a district.  it is my favorite.  I also received a package from Catherine this week and mom, i just got the notice for you package as well.  I will pick it up later today.  THANK YOU!! It is fun getting packages and everyone loves the candy.  haha! 
 
So... this is random, but earlier this week and later last week, I was having a hard time getting along with my companion.  I felt like I wasn't getting along with her vary well, we weren't working together well with the lessons, and i was just getting really frustrated.  But, On Tuesday after an AMAZING devotional, when she was meeting the branch president for a bit.  I was standing in t he hall waiting when sister Butler (the branch Pres. wife) came and talked to me.  One of the first things she asked me was "how are you and your companion?  I can see something is bothering you."  All i thought was... HOW DOES SHE KNOW!!  hahaha!  So, we just talked for a little bit and she said that everything was going to be OK and it was like she was blessing me in some way. Then after talking to her a bit, Haderlie shimai came out from her interview and everything was just so different..... I don't know, it was kinda cool.  Now, I feel Haderlie Shimai and i are working together a lot better and finding ways to be more productive. I just loved it. 
 
One more spiritual experience was during a lesson we had with an investigator, Shoei (it is really our sensei acting haha).  Gregory Sensei has kept telling us to just teach with the spirit, teach with the spirit.  Over and over again.  I just keep thinking "I am trying!! The japanese just gets in the way!" So that is one thing I have been really working hard to achieve, is not to just try and communicate in the language, but to REALLY teach with the spirit.  We finally successfully accomplished that yesterday!! We taught the Plan of salvation lesson and it was the MOST amazing experience. The spirit was there!  More than I have ever felt it before.  Everyone in that room knew it. Well, there were only 3 of us, but it was there! Not only were haderlie and I crying, BUT so was Gregory Sensai!!! It was YOSH!! haha :P
 
The language is still hard and i am getting a little frustrate with it.  I can understand what people are saying better, but i just can't speak it.  It gets annoying.  But, the other day, the shimaitachi (sisters) came up with a fun game to practice. .... we played jeopardy! haha after sitting in a class all day, you learn to get creative.
 
I am looking forward to tomorrow!  You don't understand how excited I am for the broadcast.  LOOK FOR ME!! I plan on wearing my pink collared shirt if that helps at all. haha It is going to be a great experience. 

Anyway, this letter is all over the place, but that's OK.  I have seen Jessica grant alot.  we are in the same classroom building.  It is fun to see her often.  On Wednesday we sometime greet the missionaries and I also saw and talked to Maddie Gift.  She lived above me when I lived in Cedar.  I just love seeing familiar faces.  Yes, I did receive Sara's wedding invite and I am so excited for her.  She is going to be Married SOON!!!  Crazy.. :)  It is good to here that i received some money from stadium way.  That will help alot.  Thank you for putting it in my credit union account.  I did receive my debit card... I actually received it in the main before I left... haha!!  I haven;t heard anything about my yet thought. 
 
Some sad news... My curling iron is not working.  It went out on me yesterday. :( I am going to see if the bookstore has one for me to get, but if not, Mom i will need a new one. SORRY! haha  feel free to pay for things out of my account.  Again.... Sorry this is so disorganized. I am still working on keeping it organized.  There is just so much i have to say! haha
 
I love you all and thank you for ALL of your help and letters.  It really makes a difference.
 
love you!
Ivory Shimai!
Sorry No Pictures this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment