Konichiwa Kazoku! (Hello Family!) I have survived my first 4 days and have enjoyed every minute of it! Well almost... besides the fact that we already had to teach a lesson to an investigator, Tominaga san, in Japanese. Let me just tell you... that was SCARY!!! Sorry, this e-mail might be all over the place because I don't have much time to e-mail in an organized manner. haha. I am staying with 5 other sisters that are also going to Tokyo Japan. My companion is Haderlie Shimai. We get along really well! I look forward to getting to know her more. The language is slowly coming along, but it is HARD! It will take alot of time and patience for me to learn it. I am really looking forward to being abole to understand what my sensei is saying. From the first day, all he does is speak japanese. Sometimes it is quite fun, it is like playing charades! My district is way fun and we all help each other learn. Sometime it is mainly the choro tachi (elders) teaching us the most. Don't ask me why, they just seem to know more...I want to thank those of you that have sent me Dear Elder letters. I enjoy hearing from you. It really motivates me to work harder. I will write you back as soon as I can. My schedule is already extremely busy. Sometimes it feels like I am living in the classroom, but that is probably the best place to be. It feels nice to stay busy though. We just got back from the temple! It was so nice to get away a little bit and enjoy the spirit in the temple So let me tell you a little more about our first lesson experience! IT WAS STRESSFULL!! That is all I can say... ha j/k but really it was actually quite funny. Tominaga san would say something or answer one of our questions and we would have no clue what he said. We would just look at him, smile, and read/say the next phrase we planned to say. It was exciting. We get to meet with him tonight. Lets hope we do a little bit better... haha!!
Ai, Ivory Shimai
No comments:
Post a Comment