Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's Getting Better

Konichiwa!
It is so great to make it through another week!!  Let me just tell you that Sundays are my all time favorite!!!  Such a wonderful day of talks and devotionals.  We even have choir and listen to Music and the Spoken Word.  (we don't get to listen to music here, so that is our music for the week.  On Sunday, we attended choir practice to prepare for singing at a world wide broadcast.  There will be a broadcast near the end if this month for an announcement for missionary work and a choir of about 2,000 people will be singing.  It is going to be AWESOME!! So look for me.  I might be on the screen.... haha The devotionals we have here are great and have so many great messages in them.  Every so often a will leave quotes in the emails. 
I absolutely love my district.  We get along really well and have so much fun!!!  I would have to say that Gregory sensai (our teacher) is the best.  We think that we are his favorite.  We are going to start eating lunch with him,... haha.  I am going to try and send some pictures in this e-mail, but my camera isn't taking the best pictures so i hope they look OK.  Our Lessons with Tominaga San slowly get better each day we taught, but we are no longer teaching him anymore.  (he is actually really a teacher at the MTC if you didn't know that...) haha It was fun having him as our "investigator"  I wish i got a picture with him so you could see him.  haha!  Tuesdays we have more devotionals, and they are so good.  They give us so many ways to become better missionaries. I love it!!  Then afterwards, in our district, we review what we have learned and I get even more from that.  Let me just say that i am learning TONS!!!
Wednesday, all the new missionaries came.  I was able to see Alyssa and Aysha!! I haven't seen mark at all yet thought... I am still looking! O was also able to see Justin to! It is so hard to just shake there hand... haha but i have pictures with him and Whitney.  I will try to send them today.  Along with those new missionaries, there are also missionaries from Japan here!!! It is so fun to see them and KIND OF talk to them.  They know English very well though.  They are so nice and just laugh at us when we say something wrong in Japanese.  It makes me feel a little better.  On Thursday, we fasted as a district so we would be able to learn nihongo (Japanese) better.  I am not going to lie, I really felt it made a difference and we are all improving.  Along with that, it brought us closer together a a district.  I have a testimony of fasting now!! AND the gift of tongues.  It is a blessing. 
Today, we are going to attend the temple again.  i am way excited!  We go after our lunch time.  PDs are one of my favorites too because we get to go to the temple.  On Sundays, we also do a Sunday walk to the temple.  I like that a lot too!  Well I do want to thanks everyone for sending me DearElders it is fun to receive them and hear how things are going.  I am so excited for Sara and her wedding!  She is going to look so pretty.  So if anyone gets any pictures, please send me some.  
During one of my personal studies I read about keeping the Sabbath day holy and to continue to learn about the gospel throughout that day.  and I though it would be fun to Challenge everyone to at least read your scriptures EVERY Sunday.  I know there are many out there that do not do daily scripture study.. (i was one of those)  But i encourage you to start off slow and try for Every Sunday.  There is so much you can learn from the Book of Mormon if you take time to REALLY read it.  Now, sometime it takes me almost 20 mins. to get through only 1 short chapter because there is so much to learn.  So, just try it.
OK, no time to answer some of my moms questions....
Surprising, I actually really like the food.  I feel like i am actually eating healthy too.  If i don't like anything they are serving, i have a nice big salad. :)
My companion is Haderlie Shimai (sister)  She is from Idaho Falls and his a year younger than me.  Me and another sister in my district are the oldest... it is weird to be the oldest....
Yes my P-days are on saturdays.  which is way nice. 
Our schedules are pretty crazy.  6 hours in the class (in 3 hour blocks)  We have investigators (taught in japanese)  TALL time (japanese learning program on the computer) Gym time, personal study, and language study.  The order varys everyday.  It is packed but i really enjoy it.  We really do learn TONS!!
Quote of the day:
From: Greenberg Choro (Elder) in my district
To: Gregory Sensai
"Sensai? How do you say legit in Japanese? As in, 'ni legit, ni quit'?"
For those of you that don't know, it is a quote from Hot Rod. and "Ni" in Japanese is two.  We all laughed and Gregory sensai had a funny look on his face!
Love you all and I will write you again next week!!


Ivory Shimai <3 div="">

Sister Ivory with Elder Hepworth 

Shaking hands (no hugging allowed)

MTC roomies

Kacylia's District 

Haderle Shimai and Ivory Shimai on a Temple walk
The BIG map with Sister Roper (SUU Roommate)

Hermana Roper & Ivory Shimai
Ivory Shimai with her District Leader & his Companion 

In the Classroom where they spend most of their time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment