Sunday, April 13, 2014

Transfer Calls

Track and prom sounded like it was way fun. Thanks for sending me
 pictures. I love pictures.... Smiling face with smiling eyes haha. It sounds like Karina did
 really well. I am glad she is working hard. I liked it dress too it
 looked really fun. I hope she had a great time. That is fun that you
 are getting ready for stake youth conference. They will enjoy
 listening to uncle mike. He is pretty awesome. You will have to let me
 know how that goes. Also, let me know how the Easter basket hunt goes
 too. I love Easter! It is a great holiday to remember our savior.

 So this week was pretty good. I went in exchanges with Takishita
 Shimai. It was fun having a nihonjin companion even though we spoke
 English half the time. She is super awesome and taught me a lot. We
 even found some Potential investigators. Miracles happen on
 exchanges. Sister Ruplinger and sister Dunn had a lesson with.
 Takahashi Atsuko San on exchanges and it went really well. They taught
 her the song we are teaching the Eikaiwa students, "I Know my Heavenly
 Father Loves Me" and she absolutely loved it. She doesn't rally
 believe in a god, but after they sang the song, she said that they
 were angels from god. It sounded like the lesson went really well.
 While they were there, one of her friends came and visited, so they
 sang the song to her too. She loved it as well. We meet with her
 again on Wednesday and we just found out that her friend will be
 coming as well. It is a great miracle. She has a desire to learn about
 the church more, but just doesn't know it yet. We will keep working
 with her.

 Saturday we watched the Sunday session of conference. It was AWESOME!
 I will say it again, I love conference. We had "translation" this
 time. Haha I really liked Elder Bednars talk about how "it [is] the
 load." Life may be hard, but it is the load that is going to help us
 return to our Heavenly Father. One other thing that I thought about
 was that his friend put the load on himself. He was stuck, so he
 decided that while he was already there, he would do what he was
 planning on doing. Sometimes we need to add the load to make some
 changes in our lives. Don't just sit around content with how your life
 is. Go do something and continue to grow!

 Anyway.... I just got my transfer call. Are you all ready for this!!?
 I am transferring to a place called nagaoka. It is in the Niigata
 zone! Niigata zone is one of the coldest places in the mission though.
 However, I will be there around the summer time so all is well. My new
 companion is brown Shimai. She is a couple transfers under me. I have
 been on exchanges with her a couple of times, so it has been great. I
 am also in the same zone and district as Sister Halversen so it will
 be fun to see her again! Ruplinger Shimai will stay in Sakado and her
 new companion is Moss Shimai. She is from my MTC district, it will be
 fun for the both of them.

 Well... I better get going and start packing, haha sorry this email is
 random. Have a great week and take care. Love you!!

 love,
 Sister Ivory

No comments:

Post a Comment