Hello from Niigata Ken! I will start by answering questions. So where is Brown Shimai from? It sounds like you already knew her. Brown Shimai is from Murray Utah. We actually went to SUU together but didn't know each other. We have tons of mutual friends though. She knows Sharlee and I am sure Sharlee knows hers. We were in the same zone and district when I was in Takasaki and we have been on exchanges before. Now we get to spend the whole transfer together, so that will be awesome. What is your new area like? It looks like you are a long way from the temple now. So, let me tell you my trip to nagaoka. Took an hour train ride to Honbu where I met the group of missionaries going to Niigata ken. Then, we took a 10 minute train to our BUS. Then.... A 5 hour bus ride to Niigata city. From their, we took a 1 hr train to Sanjo, and stayed at the sisters apartment there. Woke up the next morning and took a 30 min. Train to nagaoka city, then a 5-10 min bus to our apartment. Yep... That sums it all up. We are a bit far but it was worth it. I am excited to be in nagaoka. Our apartment is new as of August, it is way fun. A little far from the church and Eki, but that is ok. I will send pics next week of the apartment. So, it is not a ward, but a branch in the Niigata district. it is pretty small and they don't have a piano player.... So I get to play in sacrament when I know the song. The members amazing though. I haven't met them all... But I am sure I will soon. Here are some other mission questions: Uncle Mike was wondering what kind of food do you eat like for breakfast and lunch? Breakfast: TOAST! Bread in Japan is amazing! Occasionally cereal when I run out of bread. Lunch: stuff on rice. We make some kind of yummy concoction with veggies, meat and sauce and out it on rice. Sometimes I make sandwiches or have ramen. What ever we are in the mood for. Do members feed you very often in this area? In this area probably not so much. Sakado we didn't get fed a WHOLE lot either, but we did get a good amount of dinner appointments with families. In Takasaki we had to meals with members a week. Do you like the food? What are some of your favorite foods? I do like the food. It has really grown on me. I like yakisoba, karaage (fried chicken), sushi isn't to bad depending on what is inside. Leaving Sakado was sad, but I do believe that Ruplinger Shimai was ready to take care of the area. She seems to have a special connection with the people there. We met with a lot of people and stayed busy. Said goodbye to Takahashi San (the one who invited us inside) and got a picture with her and her niece she had over. Then at Eikaiwa I said goodbye to a lot of people. When you leave, you realize how many people will actually miss you. Haha it is super sweet. Also! Ruplinger Shimai and I went to a members house and she put kimonos on us! It was way cool. I wore a kimono! We took pics too. I look fat but that is ok. Kawabata Shimai, the member, has SO many kimonos, it was awesome. She is super cute. I will send pics. So when I finally got to Niigata on Friday, that night, I met the Goi Family. The mom is Russian. We teach them English and at the end share a simple message. They are so cute and fun to talk to! This time, we showed them the Easter video that is probably taking over all of social media. It was in English and they didn't really understand all of it, but Akira, the son, learned a little about Jesus Christ. While we were watching the video, he kept asking "kare wa dare!? kare wa dare!?" (Who is He? Who is he?) as he pointed at Jesus Christ. So we paused the video and his mom explained. She explained a little about Christmas, and then Akira points at Jesus and says. "Oh, Santa San!" It was SO funny." So we explained a little more. Anyway... Speaking of the Easter video. Has everyone seen it yet! It is SO good. I am sure it is all over the internet now. heavenly Father is really hastening his work! Share the message of Easter with everyone! Saturday. We had kids Eikaiwa and a activity afterwards. It was way fun and I was able to meet some investigators and members. At kids Eikaiwa, there was a new family that came. They are Chinese and super cute! They even stayed for the activity afterwards. For the activity, we played Ice soccer. Where you kick a can around and it makes homemade ice cream. It was way fun, but my foot still hurts a little. After the activity, I invited the Chinese family to come to church, and they came!! It was so great! They only stayed for sacrament, but they came!! We plan on seeing them at Eikaiwa again this week. Also at kids Eikaiwa and soccer ice, Akane, an 18 year old girl came. She comes to kids Eikaiwa to see how we teach English to kids. She is super sweet and we plan on having lunch with her today. I have only been in nagaoka for four days and we are already seeing so many miracles. It is amazing! I love missionary work. This week, we did some smile Dendou. All we do is sit on a bench holding a sign that says smile and as people walk by, we try and talk to them. We did find some potential new Eikaiwa students. Maybe they will come on Wednesday. I took some pics, so I will send them. I am glad every one had fun during Easter. Thank you for the pics. I am way jeoulous of Karina, but I just found out that there is an international store with those here. I am starting a diet, but I will make an exception for Doritos. Haha I hope everyone continues to enjoy there April. Have fun at work Karina! Haha Thank you for all of the love. And emails. Have a great week and I will keep you posted on the miracles we see here in nagaoka! Love you all! Love Sister Ivory.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Nagaoka!長岡Double exclamation mark︎
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment