Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cold December

I have the best parents in the world! I can't believe you ordered me a dictionary.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I just wish i knew how to study japanese! haha Anyway, big news! we had transfer calls today and I will be staying in Takasaki with Sister Halversen. CRAZY HUH! 4 transfers with my trainer!! I guess i'm not learning japanese fast enough... :P haha.  Sister Sickles is transfering to a different area. 
Anyway, sorry I am emailing so late right now.  We had zone pday this morning.  We played VOLLEYBALL! It was great.  I miss volleyball.  I am glad you had a nice week.  It is fun that you got snow.  Still no snow here.  Just cold... It is great though. 
This week has been great. We weren't in Takasaki as much as we usually are. We attended temple pday, had the new missionary training in Maebashi (i dendoued with some other sisters while the others were in the meeting), district meeting in Oizumi on Saturday, and then Stake Conference on Sunday. But the little time we had to dendou, we saw some miracles.

On thursday, after the new missionary training, Sister Halveresen had exchanges with Kumagaya, so it was just me and Sister Sickles in Takasaki. We had decided to take a train to an area we had never been before, and house there. We dendoed in a place called Nishi-Matsuida, one stop away from the end of the line (so pretty far from our apartment). We housed near the eki till it got dark so we wouldn't get lost in the new area. With it being dark and 15 minutes till our train was coming we were on the way back to the eki. On the way back, there were a few more houses on the way. We walked past a house with a very long drive-way. I was considering not going because the drive was so long and we didn't have a whole lot of time left, but I decided to go anyway. Sister Sickles was trying to ignore the house as well, but as I started up the drive-way, she followed along. We ping-ponged and a nice lady answered through the door. We said the usual door approach in japanese. She then opened the door and asked if we spoke English. I was pretty excited! haha and answered yes and she imediately invited us in. That is the first house I have been invited into while housing and I was pretty excited. As we entered, we asked where she was from and spent a lot of time getting to know her. Her name is Sally and she is from the Phillipines. She is married to a very nice japanese man and has 2 daughters. She is catholic and he is buddist. We enjoyed getting to know the both of them and she invited us over for dinner on Christmas Eve. (she loves christmas). She talked to us about her family and how she met her husband. We also shared with her what we do as missionaries and she was willing to listen and we enjoyed answering her questions. When she asked where we live in Japan, she was surprised how far we had come. We explained that we were just wandering around the area. She then asked, "How did you know how I was here?" We told her we didn't, we just found her. Then she was happy to say that God knew she was there and she sent 2 angels to talk with her. During the hour and a half we were there, they fed us chicken and toast, and we shared with her the Book Of Mormon. (left an english one for her and japanese for her husband) She is willing to listen to what we teach and she asked if we do it in japanese too. I think she wants us to teach her husband too. We look forward to meeting with her again. Sally is an amazing woman ready to learn about the gospel. I am excited for her to see how much it is going to bless her and her family. To end the night, they looked up trains for us and took us down the road to the eki. (we offered to walk but they didn't want us to get lost) They were so nice and I am glad that I was able to be apart of finding her. I just know she will be baptized and become an amzaing member one day. 
So, i basically cut and pasted that from my letter to president budge, but it is a way good story and it worked for both.  We didn't get a whole lot done this week.  Finding has been pretty rough.  But, we plan on working super hard this transfer to get a baptism by the end of the year.
Alright.  So for transfers.  I am excited I am staying.  It will be great being here for christmas.  I love Takasaki Ward.  I was hoping for a change, but I probably have a lot more i need to learn here.  I might be in takasaki for a while... haha
So for christmas traditions.  I guess they eat Cake and KFC chicken on christmas eve.  A little weird, but that is fun.  We are having christmas dinner at the Mita's So we will be fed well! I am excited.  Mom... I am getting fat. people feed us to much here.  Kasumi sent another package.  They always have tons of cereal.  She is the sweets ever.  I really need to send her a christmas card.  I hope i get to meet her while on my mission.
So cool thing... right now i am emailing kaleb back and forth.  It is way fun. I better get going though. thank you for all you do.  I will be sending the package this week.  I hope you like it.  It is kind of random but fun.  Next years will be WAY good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment