CRAZY NEWS!!! We just got our travel plans yesterday. I can't beleive it. I am actually going to JAPAN!!! I am freaking out a little. It is going to be such an amazing experience. I have loved the MTC, but I am ready to get to Japan and start teaching. I am extremely nervous, but I now our heavenly father will bless us. I made a copy of part of my plans and I will mail it to you later today. :) With getting my plans, I asume that our visas arrived so that is good. As for calling, I will probably purchase a calling card so i will be able to call from the airport. If i use my debit card, it will cost a whole lot more... I will put a list of things I will need before i leave at the bottom of this e-mail. Thank you!
It is so great to hear that everyone had a fun Lamb Days and 24th of July! So many great things always happen. It is kind of weird to think that I have been in the MTC through all of that and sometimes it feels like I haven't missed anything... if that makes sense. HAHA!! Not going to lie, it was pretty funny to hear grandpas story about the tractor starting on fire. I bet that was quite the site of everyone running around. BAHAHA! LOVE IT!! I am just happy everyone is enjoying their summer and is safe. The e-mail from grandma's address did work and i look forward to hearing from her to.
Alright... So let me tell you about me week. During out branch council meeting this week we had President Jenkins from the District Presidency at the MTC attend and it was so cool having him their giving us so much adivce. Also, At Branch Council, I love seing how much love all the DLs and the Branch Presidency has for the Missionaries in our branch. It gives me so much comfort knowing that there are so many people here watching out and caring for everyone. On sunday, I was still feelingpretty sick, so i went about a week being sick. Willes Kyodai from out Branch Presidency was not happy with me being sick for that long and still doing so much.... haha so, he ended up giving me the most AMAZING blessing to help me through it. He also blessed Haderlie Shimai in the blessing and blessed we would be ready and confident for our journey to Japan! Like I said.... there are SO MANY people watching out for all of us. I love it! We also went on a temple walk on sunday and met a NIHONJIN!! She was the cutest later and she is from Tokyo. We talked to her a little bit and got pictures with her. Such a sweet lady. :)
This week we ended up having subs on subs on subs with our senseitachi. Since our main teachers are gone we had a few subs. One sensei is actually a sensei in training and has been just sitting in on some of our lessons. He was there for mine and haderlie shimais lesson with Komeda Shimai (Tingey Sensei) and afterwards he gave us the nices note saying how much he felt the spirit and thankful he was for that lesson. It was the nicest thing and gave me such a better perspective on how i am improving with things. thank goodness i am improving. The other subs gave us such grat compliments to and it got me way excited fro japan in 10 DAYS! :P Do you remember Tominga san, my first "investigator?" Well... he was our sub this week as well and it was so fun having him actually teach us instead of us teaching him in our first week of japanese. He complimented us our ou japanese as well and gave us such great advice for the mission field. I love our senseitachi. and I love Japan.
Today is the last day of my calling as STL and I am really going to miss it. I have gotten to know so many sisters and they have taught me so much. When I interviewed one shimai, she said she was thankful for how friendly and welcoming all the sisters were for her first day here and how loved she feels here. When we leave, I am really going to miss he shimai and all the friends I have made here. They have all really made a hug difference in my life. I look forward to helping the new STLs. :)
Also... GUESS WHO I SAW!!! Last saturday after I got done emailing, I saw Sister Hurdsman! and thursday I saw Elder RICHE!! It is so fun to see them all. They are the last I will get to see here in the MTC. I am so glad I was able to see so many friends. They are both doing so well and are going to be amazing missionaries. I see them every so often and i am going to try and get a pic with lance this week. We end up leacing the same day and breanna leaves this coming monday i believe.
Goodness.... I feel like i have SO much to say, but it is just so hard to write it all down... The language really is coming better, but i just know that once i get to japan, i am not going to know a single word they are saying. haha it will be quite the adventure. On Wednesday, We all attended a departure meeting to help get us excited for JAPAN!! It was SO GOOD! Our speaker was President Mills and He told us that Japan is going to be one of the number one mission in the world. Words from Heber J Grant when he returned from his mission in japan and before a became a prophet of the churhch: "This will be one of the most successful missions in the WOLD.... It is going to be slow work at first, but the harvest is to be something GREAT and will ASTONISH this world." How amazing is that?! Something big is happening, and we get to be apart of it. I am so ready to get to japan. :)
| Some of the Crazy District.. Love them! |
| Me and Haderlie Shimai |
| Me and Breanna on P-day doing our laundry :P |
| Saying goodbye to some friends before they let to japan. (me, haderlie, marquez Choro, Spilker Choro) |
| District behind the temple. |
| Another pic as a district. "Ni...." (right hand corner, the cute ladies head... haha) |
| Pic with the Nihonjin. She is so stinkin' cute! |
No comments:
Post a Comment