Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Full Week!

Konichiwa Mina San!
This has a pretty full week for us.  We have had a lot of things to get done as STLs, but I have LOVED it. On Sunday night, Haderlie Shimai and I had to stay up and help the older missionaries check-out of there rooms before they had to leave early the next morning.  It was quit the adventure and boy was Monday a rough day with a lack of sleep.  As i well though. It is so crazy that the people that arrived at the MTC 3 weeks before me have already left now!  Our time is approaching for us to leave. I believe we get our travel plans soon.  CRAZY!
I have been sick AGAIN... this week and it has ben pretty rough.  Haderlie Shimai has been really helpful and patient with my coughing and such.  All i've got to say is that being sick is kind of a pain in the butt. Well... let me get to the positive stuff now.  This week we had new kohai (newbies/greenies) come in on Wednesday. On Monday and Tuesday, we ended up having 3 international missionaries come so they got to hangout with Haderlie Shimai and I.  Two are from Australia and one from the Philippines.  The sister from the Philippines is the Second sister from the Philippines to be called to Japan. CRAZY HUH!  It was so fun talking to them and getting to know them.  They are such sweet girls and so fun to be around.  Then on Wednesday, all the other missionaries arrived.  It just took me on a flashback to my first days here.  So crazy that it was about 2 months ago.  It doesn't seem like I have been here for that long.  We took all the kohai on a tour of the MTC.  They all had such great attitudes about this new experience and I was so happy i could be apart of their first day here.  Thursday we got to know the Kohai even MORE when they meet with the Branch Presidency for the first time and we as STLs had to attend.  Again, it was such a fun flashback of our first day.  While the branch presidency was interviewing all the Kohai, us and the ZLs taught the kohai somethings about companionship inventory and personal study.  It was so fun teaching the and I loved hearing the feed back they gave and all the questions they asked.  I felt like i actually taught somethings and they really learned from it. Such a good feeling. :D  Everyone was so fun and it is fun watching them growing each day here at the MTC. 
Well, now time for some other things that has happened.  Every saturday, we usually have TRC with people that volunteer to be apart of misisonaries teaching them.  Well.... this week we unexpectedly ended up having it on wednesday and it was SKYPE TRC! Yes, we skyped with a real Nippon gin from Tokyo, Nippon! So SCRAY!! Yeah... lets just say that I don't know any Japanese.  The lady was SO sweet though and the cutest to talk to.  There were somethings i understood.  But since we didn't know we had TRC that day, we didn't have a lesson planned.  It was pretty rough, but fun to speak with a real Japanese person.  i have already really come to Love the people in japan and I am really looking forward to being able to talk to them and understand them. 
So, I have been sick all week which is NO fun.  But, I ended up asking the chorotachi in my district to give me a priesthood blessing.  they were so nice about it and so helpful.  It was a great experience having the elders being apart that and I was grateful they were their to help. 
This week I have had a hard time with my confidence with the language.  I seem to be catching on a little bite, but when i get into lessons, i struggle... it gets pretty rough.  BUT!! Yesterday in our lesson with Komeda Shimai things went really well.  It is really fun when you finally reach that point of understanding what is being said and know how to reply back to them.  I still have a lot of room for improvement, but I know that the day will come when i will be able to say all that i want in Japanese.  LOVE IT!!
Sorry, this e-mail has been a little all over the place. haha There is just so many thing that happened, that it is hard to put it all down.  I might try and just send a letter again with some other details maybe.... idk. 
Well, how has your week been and LAMB DAYS!! I bit jealous of everyone running the 5k.  I am sure it isn't as fun without me.  It is so good to hear that everyone did wel and is having fun.  You will have to let me know how the rest of the day goes....
....
The two weeks as STL and giving tours of the MTC to the Kohai, I should them and told them somethings that I wish our STLs should us that would have been helpful.  And then it will just coninue to get better from there.  I have learned so much from this calling as STL.  It is very difficult and drains me it seems, but I love it.  We only have one more week in this calling... then OFF TO JAPAN!! love it. 
I have been looking for breanna hurdsman.  I wasn't able to host on wednesday so maybe i will see her tomorrow during relief society.  This wednesday is when lance comes in and i am really looking forward to weeing him.  I am really hoping he is at the main campus so i can see him a lot.  I have Seen Nikki williams a couple of times.  She seems to be doing well and having fun.  She will probably be leaving soon though.  Maybe this coming monday.  My stay here in the MTC has been really long it seems, but it just goes by so fast.  The Shimaitachi talk about while we are here, everyone else is having a summer.  It is just so weird to think that we have been here or and ENTIRE summer basically and it has gone SO FAST.  My mission is going to be over sooner than i think. sad... haha.  Well... idk... this has been kind of a random e-mail.  I feel like i am not so good at this e-mail stuff, but i will get better.  you all have a great summe and let me know how things are going.  Thank you for all the love and support, and LETTERS!  It is great to hear from everyone.  i lvoe you all and pray for you often.  Please be safe and have a geat week. :D
ai shite masu!
Ivory Shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment