Saturday, July 13, 2013

Such a Crazy/Stressful week!

Well.... I'd better start off with the big news.  Lets just say that I am not a huge fan of Sundays anymore... haha JK.  They are still really good, but this past Sunday was a great fast Sunday.We attended a huge mission conference which was about 2 hours long.  It was way good and we heard a lot of great speakers.  That morning, when Haderlie Shimai and I arrived to the classroom, Butler Kaicho pulled us aside and called us as the new Sister Training Leaders.  That started our day off pretty busy and throughout the day, we attended multiple leadership, branch, and district meetings.  It was pretty crazy, but we learned SO MUCH!  I think it is cool that we are the new STLs, but I am extremely nervous as well.  Now we have a ton more things on our plate and I am a bit nervous that i won't be able to learn the language.  Haderlie Shimai and I are going to put all our best effort into fulfilling this calling successfully and we have faith we will be blessed for it in the long run... with the language hopefully. haha That night we attended a GREAT devotional.  The speakers were so fun. It was Brother George Durrant and his wife Sister Susan Easton Black.  They were super fun.  Just remember... BE HAPPY! :P Afterwards, the movie we watched was a talk be President Bednar called Characters of Christ.  This was the second time we watched it because there is SO much good stuff in it.  I recommend you look it up and read it or watch it if you can.  it is so good!!
This has just been a really busy week with preparing lessons and interviewing the sisters in the branch.  I don't think anything really exciting happened this week. I enjoyed meeting a lot of the shimaitachi in the District they are so cute and fun to talk to.  I look forward to getting to know them more.  We will be interviewing more next week.  I would have to say the gym time is my all time favorite because we get to play VOLLEYBALL!! Moss shimai and I played pepper the other day and got a way good workout. I sure do miss it.  Karina, i am a little jealous of you when you talk about the volleyball camps and stuff. haha  Lately we have been teaching companionships in out district.  When we are the missionaries, then one is the member, and the other is the investigator.  It is helping us use the members to help us teach the lessons.  it is good for us to do that because it is nice to have that extra testimony of a friend to help encourage the investigator to progress more.  Dad, I really enjoy reading what you send me about meeting with the Hickmans.  It does help me have a perspective of what I will be teaching.  It sounds like a fun family to teach though.  i look forward to possibly having the opportunity to teach little kids. 
So.. Being here at the MTC I have bet so many fun new people. I LOVE IT!! We have a lot of fun together.  There are some missionaries leaving this coming Monday and I am kind of sad about it.  He have had so much fun getting to know each other and now there is a good chance we won't see each other ever again.  They have been so nice and helpful in my stay here.  Grant Shimai will be leaving Monday as well.  We talked for a little while yesterday and she helped me with some of my language issues.  She is going to be a great Missionary.  Yesterday, Our district had an eigo danjiki (English fast), where we couldn't speak any English only Japanese.  At first I was looking forward to see how well I would do, BUT it was a FAIL! yeah... lets just say i didn't say ANYTHING! at the beginning of the day. More in the afternoon, a lot of us just started to speak English more.  It was a lot easier to communicate that way.  Now i know how much i need to work on learning the language and how hard it is going to be when i get into the field. 
I can't believe there are only 2 1/2 MORE WEEKS! until we leave for Japan! 2 1/2!!! I am freaking out a little.  I am way excited but EXTREMELY NERVOUS.  It will be good though.  I did receive an e-mail from Budge Kaicho about our first nights in Japan.  It got me pretty excited.  That is fun that they e-mailed you and stuff.  Feel free to say whatever you want.... haha I have nothing to hide.  I trust you. :D
This week I also got my last shot. FINALLY! It was pretty exciting. I got to get out of the classroom for a bit and even got a dumb-dumb and awesome Charlie Brown band aid.  The wort part about it was that it costed me $71.00... All is well though.  At least i got that our of the way. 
The lessons with our investigators are going well.  I am getting more confident in teaching and speaking Japanese. It is still a challenge for me, but i am getting there.  Tingey Sensei has been really nice and helpful with me.  She gives some good advice. Well that is hoe the language is coming along I guess.  I have also learned some kanji characters... so that is pretty cool to.  Karina, I liked the picture of your tattoo.  It kind of does look like the kanji for love.  Thanks for the letters as well everyone.  I enjoy reading them.  I will reply to them all later today since we have alot of extra time on PDs now.  Well... I'd better get going.  Sorry this was kind of a boring week.  We have had alot of things to do but it is nothing exciting.  We get new Missionaries going to japan on Wednesday, so it will be fun helping them adjust to the MTC Experience.  I love you all!  I hope you have a great week.
LOVE,
Ivory Shimai.
P.S.  I met Bryten Ketts this week out of coincidence.  Now I know who everyone has been telling me to look for. haha
P.P.S Thank you again for sending that package.  You are the BEST! And I am secretly glad you don't send tons of food because I would get fat... haha I am just happy you send me Salsa Verde Chips in every package.  You know my favorites, ALWAYS!! haha love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment