Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Mission!

In November, I decided to go on a mission and I began my papers.  It took about a month to get them all complete because of all the doctor appointments, but I got them all done before the new year.  January 8th I met with my stake president and my papers were submitted.  One week and two days later my call had already arrived! It was the perfect timing because I was already headed to Price for the weekend and most of my family was already there.  Courtney was the only that had to travel.  That Saturday, the 19th, in the morning I opened my call with my family and some of my friends.  It was great to have everyone there.  It took me a moment to finally read my call and I was so anxious to see where I was going.  As I was reading, I accidentally read ahead.  I was so surprised to see where I was going, I couldn't hold back my emotions. "Sister Ivory.... you are assigned to labor in the JAPAN TOKYO MISSION!"  With my family being from Japan, I couldn't believe that I was really called there.  I leave June 5th, 2013 for the Provo MTC!  I am extremely excited for this experience and am looking forward to everything I will be learning.

For the next couple of years, my Blog will mainly be about my mission and how things are going.  While I am gone, Larissa will be kind enough to update every so often about what is happening in the field.  With all that said, here are some pictures from the event and a video of everyone's reaction.  Tokyo, Japan here I come!

 
My first reaction

"Oh my gosh!"

" Japan Tokyo Mission!"
  
 crying some more...
Hugging Everyone! :D
  
 Mom

Karissa

Courtney

Catherine


Karina and Larissa

Larissa

  
Dad

Mike

  
Me with my call!



No comments:

Post a Comment