Friday, June 15, 2012

Starting a Summer of Memories

Alrighty, I guess it is time for me to catch up... A LOT.  Ha For a summer vacation we visited multiple places in South Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming.  They included Crazy Horse, Mount Rushmore, Bear Country, Devil's  Tower, and Custer's Battlefield.  We all had a fun spending time together and getting away for a bit.

Crazy Hose Mountain.
It isn't quite done yet.... 

Mt. Rushmore
Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln

Me and Karina at Mt. Rushmore
  

Dad being his goofy self riding on a horse eating his "pizza"
(It's and inside joke. He got the supreme.) 
 
 Me and Karina in Bear Country watching the baby bears. YAY!

The cutest cub EVER!
  

Goofing around at the bottom of Devil's Tower

Enjoying the view at Devil's Tower

Snack break at Custer's Battlefield
  

Quick stop in the Mountains for a picture with dad.
 

Another one with mom.

A rock made from mineral water.
(don't remember the name of it) 

HUGS!

The next weekend after the trip two of my good friends made a huge step in their lives.  First my Best Friend since elementary got married in the Draper Temple on June 8th, 2012.  I wish Karissa and her husband Brett the best of luck in their future.  I enjoyed spending the day with her family at the temple and luncheon and also all my good friends at the reception.  Hopefully there will be more pictures to come soon.  I wasn't able to take very many....

Brett and Karissa coming out of the temple as a married couple! 
<3 Love this! 

After Karissa's Reception, some of us girls got together for a Girl's Night.  It has been way to long since I have had one of those.  I loved catching up with everyone.

Back: Jill, Catherine, Amanda
Front: Audrey and Me.
We were attempting to take a picture with the timer.  We didn't do so well...


Saturday I went boating with my old track coach, Jimmy Jewkes, and his family.  I had a blast spending the day on the lake.  Unfortunately I did not take any pictures.  Later that night, a bunch of Brandon's Friends got together for a big party before his Farewell.  I had a blast hanging out with everyone and spending a fun night before I said goodbye to Brandon.

Everyone that was there. :D
  

Sunday was then his Farewell. :(  It was sad to think that he is leaving but everyone knows he is doing the right thing.  I look forward to hearing his cool experiences and wish him the best of luck while he is in the field.  WE WILL MISS YOU BRANDON!

All the friends that came to support him.

Daulton, Austen, Brandon, and Derek
These boys are awesome.
  

Daulton, Austen, Derek, and Brandon again.
Oh how I love these boys!
Kissing their ties supporting their friends that are already on missions! 
  

Me and Paula!!
Love this girl. 
  

Amanda, Audrey, Catherine, and Me.
Some of my greatest friends.
I love hanging with these girls. 
 

Amanda and me
Where would I be without her?
   

Me and Austen 

Me and Catherine
I miss her and our funny times.
We are awesome. hahaha! 

Me and Brandon saying our goodbyes. :(
I'm going to miss him. 

And this is what is left of our group.
Soon... There will only be girls. 

Yes... there are tons of pictures, but if you know me well enough, then that is normal.  I will try and post more often. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment