Well... I have some crazy news for you. We got transfer calls this morning. Both of us are transfering and they are putting Elders in Takasaki. Sister Halversen is becoming a Sister training Leader for a different area. Not for me.... I am transfering to Sakado in Saitama Ken. I am opening up the B sisters, so there will be 4 sisters in the apartment. Also, I am training a new missionary. I am freaking out a little because I still don't know japanese. I guess all I can do now is trust in the Lord and move forward. I am so scared though. I don't even know where Sakado is and how to get there.... haha :( It was a crazy transfer and there were a lot of changes made to the Kiryu zone. I am excited for what will happen in Takasaki now. There are many people that I would love to see baptized here and I really do believe the elders have what our investigators need.
This week has been pretty great. It went by way fast. We did a lot of walking this week visiting less actives in areas that are to far for bikes in the cold. We rode the buses a lot and walked a lot. My poor boots are warn out, but it was worth it. Through out this week we talked to so many people and found some great potential investigators. It was an adventure. Thursday, we visited the lady that we helped with the laundry my first week here. We visited her one more time because we knew one of us was bound to transfer. We also got a picture with her. I will send it to you today.
Saturday, we had a Mochi Tsuki with the ward. A lot of our investigators were there and the ward helped out so much with fellowshipping them. Takasaki ward's dendou fire had been growing and I love it. So, Mochi Tsuki is a New years tradition. if I really learn how to do it, maybe we can do it some time. You might have to google it though. It is really hard to explain. I will send som pics so you can see. Mochi is basically mochigomu (mochi rice) pounded until it is sticky. You literally pound it with a hammer. It is pretty fun. There are many ways to eat it. A lot of them are things I don't like... haha, but it was way fun. We also played some fun games.
This week we said a lot of goodbyes. It really is hard to leave your first area. Especially when I have been here for so long. I think the Bai Family is the hardest. I think the parents started to cry a little when we were leaving there apartment. It is so hard but I will for sure contact them again some day. There kids will get baptized and be AMAZING members one day. Jin chan, the boy, wants to be a missionary. :)
Dear Sister Ivory,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful it is to be able to read your blog and be lifted spiritually! I have to tell you though that looking at those sweet little Asian faces and YOU as a missionary makes my eyes leak and leak and leak water!! It really brings back tender memories of Danae serving in Taiwan. I am so happy that you are having so many wonderful experiences and touching so many lives. Thank you for being such a good example for all of us back here in Utah. May the Lord continue to bless you in the work and keep you safe...
xoxoxo- Natasha
P.S- That photo of you with the Bai family and the peace signs...I don't think Danae sent home one pic of her investigators that did not include happy smiling faces and the international sign for peace and love.. appropriate if you think about it, peace and love are great examples of what we feel inside when we have the gospel in our lives! :-) <3
ReplyDelete